A little help with equipment upgrade please

stevenmh

Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Lynchburg, VA
We've been with Dish for over 6 years, out of contract most of the time. Used to have a larger plan, but when our son was born we scaled back. We have the Welcome Pack and a 722k located at our main TV, and the second output driving a 13" TV in mother-in-law's bedroom. We have a third TV but it's just Blu-Ray and Amazon Prime.

The Welcome Pack is the right package for us and we're paying $28/mo (going up $3 though based on the price increase thread). Don't miss the larger package at all. We would like to extend it to our third TV, though, and be able to watch our recorded programs on any of the three.

Is there a bottom limit to the packages on which they'll allow a Hopper? Or can I trade in our 722k for a Hopper 3 and a couple wireless Joeys even with the Welcome Pack? That should put us at $20 + $15 + $7 + $7 + tax = ~$50/mo. That would get us the functionality we desire for a price we're willing to pay. Just don't know if I should expect them to tell us we need a larger plan to get the equipment. Thanks very much for any info you can provide.

The ability to be able to see recorded shows on any TV is the biggest concern. I know the Hopper will do other things. I haven't looked into that fully, nor into the differences between Hopper 3 and the current Hopper. I'm just assuming I'll be better off with the most current hardware, if it's anticipated to be released soon anyway.

With 3 TV's I would go for the Hopper 3. The vast amount of tuners will be enough to keep everyone happy without tuning conflicts. It is actually cheaper to get the Hopper 3 over the Hopper with Sling and a Super Joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts