A little Upgrade advise

rocinante2k

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 13, 2004
Hi friends, long time no speak.

We finally are ready to completely remodel our home, and we have decided that we should upgrade one of our recievers with a 921 to drive our main TV.

I currently have a dish500 setup. with 2 coax runs directly from the LNB on the dish500. 1 run is for a 301 in the daughters room, and the second line runs to the 501.

What would be the easiest way to get a 921 hooked up to my current configuration, bearing in mind, I only have 1 coax line in that room and I still wish to utilize one of the current receivers in the daughters room, and I know the 921 requires 2 lines for each of its tuners. What parts do I need, how easy is it, I feel so dumb lol

You guys all rock, and I hope you all had a great thanksgiving.

What is currently on your Dish500? Is it 2 dual LNBs, a legacy Twin, a DishPro Twin, or something else? You can use your receiver's check switch summary (Menu, 6, 1, 1, Summary) or go to http://www.switchinfo.info/index.htm to get a proper identification. With that basic information someone can tell you what you need to add and/or replace.

One way is to replace the Twin with a Quad and run more cable.

Remodeling time is the perfect opportunity to stuff a bunch of dual RG-6 in the walls. You should have dual RG-6 and a phone outlet for EVERY location. Do it while the walls are open. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)