A Look at the Top 25 Signing Classes per Rivals.com

Roll Tide! :)

Im just constantly shocked at Ole Miss. They pull in decent classes most years and still.....

Roll Tide! :)

Im just constantly shocked at Ole Miss. They pull in decent classes most years and still.....
So many of these kids are super players in highschool against inferior competition. About 1/4 of them actually perform at that same level moving up to college. Some coaches are better at knowing which ones they are than others.

Still, it gets you excited about the future a little. :)

While its hard to see how these players will do, it was nice to see Michigan salvage a recuiting class that looked very dismal a few weeks back

So many of these kids are super players in highschool against inferior competition. About 1/4 of them actually perform at that same level moving up to college. Some coaches are better at knowing which ones they are than others.

Still, it gets you excited about the future a little. :)

You are so right. During the U's glory years....they seldom had a player above 4 stars. It has always been about picking the right players for your programs.

I was very impressed with Miami's day. They were able to turn around 8 players from their oral commitments. AND considering that they had their football coach fired midway through the recruiting season and fire someone that was very popular among the local coaching community...it says alot to me.

FSU and Florida did an amazing job as well. Yep, the big name football programs in this state will be back in the limelight very soon.

EDIT: They are still waiting word one #2 overall "dual-threat" QB Jacoby Brissett out of WPB....it is between Wisconsin and The U.

Last edited:
You are so right. During the U's glory years....they seldom had a player above 4 stars. It has always been about picking the right players for your programs.

I was very impressed with Miami's day. They were able to turn around 8 players from their oral commitments. AND considering that they had their football coach fired midway through the recruiting season and fire someone that was very popular among the local coaching community...it says alot to me.

FSU and Florida did an amazing job as well. Yep, the big name football programs in this state will be back in the limelight very soon.

EDIT: They are still waiting word one #2 overall "dual-threat" QB Jacoby Brissett out of WPB....it is between Wisconsin and The U.

Intresting, I would not think a "dual-threat" would not fit Wisconsins system

Intresting, I would not think a "dual-threat" would not fit Wisconsins system

When Brooks Bollinger is the best QB that you have produced lately, maybe it's time to look at trying something different.

I never understood why this kid was considering Florida, so he could sit behind Jeff Driskel?????

When Brooks Bollinger is the best QB that you have produced lately, maybe it's time to look at trying something different.

I never understood why this kid was considering Florida, so he could sit behind Jeff Driskel?????

Bollenger is NOT the best QB out of Wisconsin of late .....

I would put Tolzien WAY ahead of Bollinger.
That said, he's a SR.

We have a sportswriter here who is sort of a contrarian. He will rank coaching classes, but only in retrospective.

Anyway, the "dog in the manger" in the list above is UVa. ACC bottom feeder for decades is #25?

While its hard to see how these players will do, it was nice to see Michigan salvage a recuiting class that looked very dismal a few weeks back

Definitely have to give Brady Hoke a lot of credit. Replacing the coach under some very trying circumstances and still winding up with a top 25 recruiting class is good stuff. Shows you a big name school can still come through.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this guy...;)

Sandra

This is like the pre-season polls. By the way Texas has had top 10 rated classes for the last million years, how did that work out for them last season?

Enough said.

This is like the pre-season polls. By the way Texas has had top 10 rated classes for the last million years, how did that work out for them last season?

Enough said.

No question. There is definitely more to winning than rankings. You cannot live and die by these rankings, but you cannot ignore them either.

Sandra

Hart5150 said:
He committed to Florida today.

He "picked" Florida. But has yet to sign and according to Orlando Sun-Sentinel, his mom stated she felt the Gators were disrespectful in the entire recruiting process and she will not sign because none of the Gator coaches never met with her face-to-face. Don't be surprised is he signs with Miami.

Brissett is looking at his future, his mother is not. He wants to be on a national championship team, in possibly 2 sports. Florida is his best bet.

The Insider said:
Brissett is looking at his future, his mother is not. He wants to be on a national championship team, in possibly 2 sports. Florida is his best bet.

His mother is NOT looking at his future? LMAO!

Do you even reread some of the things you post? Question to simply ask yourself, did YOUR mom not think of your future when you graduated from high school....? Yeah, I thought so.....

salsadancer7 said:
He "picked" Florida. But has yet to sign and according to Orlando Sun-Sentinel, his mom stated she felt the Gators were disrespectful in the entire recruiting process and she will not sign because none of the Gator coaches never met with her face-to-face. Don't be surprised is he signs with Miami.

Letter of Intent was received in Gainesville, today.

Top lineman Cyrus Kouandjio chooses Alabama this time - ESPN

Top offensive line prospect Cyrus Kouandjio has opted to play for Alabama instead of Crimson Tide rival Auburn.

Alabama received a faxed letter of intent from Kouandjio on Saturday.

Kouandjio of DeMatha High School in Maryland is regarded as the nation's No. 1 offensive tackle and one of the top five prospects overall. He committed to Auburn on national TV Wednesday but never sent the binding letter of intent.

Kouandjio had posted on his Facebook page earlier that he would play with his older brother Arie, a redshirt freshman offensive lineman, at Alabama followed by "ROOLLLLL TTIIIDDDEEE!!!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts