A Look Back at the Start of a New Year

GJetson

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2004
Alabama
In wishing you all a very happy, healthy, and successful 2005, I look forward to watching the Rose Bowl Parade tomorrow on DiscoveryHD, as it heralds the passage of time and technologies in a personal sense...it may sound like ancient history to many of you among the VOOM forum crew, but on the first day of 1967 I watched the first color show I'd ever seen in a private residence-the Rose Bowl Parade...my Aunt had bought a color TV during the holidays and it was quite something to watch the 25" RCA color TV! As I remember it at the age of 14, the color was rather pale on the parade floats, but hey-IT WAS IN COLOR!!! hehe...the original Star Trek and The Monkees, and of course, Bonanza were all so amazing in color!!! It was not long before my parents got their first color TV, but I'll never forget the thrill of color TV on 1/1/67...it was the future happening in my Aunt's living room... :shocked Tomorrow, as I watch the future unfold again on my VOOM-fed Sony plasma wallhanger, I'll toast the years, my blessings and all the futures to come! @party

snif, snif, "ah cut it out...you're makin' me cry".

Happy New Year GJetson. And Happy New Year to All Voomers and HD freaks.

I also will be watching the Rose Bowl Parade for the first time in HD.
My story is not nearly as touching. We needed a new set, to replace our second Mitsubishi rear-projector, so I went back to The Tron and bought an XBR36. We didn't buy the "optional" OTA digital tuner. It was an additional $500 and little programming was available.

I never saw an HD image on my XBR until I hooked up with Voom about a month ago.

It's a beautiful thing. God is Good.

The parade was AWESOME on DiscoveryHD...I daresay the billion displayable colors were given quite a workout!!! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)