A motor that tips all directions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does nothing for my skew. X-skews me, it's late and I'm tired. Seriously, a polar mount on a bud, and a motor on a Ku dish, does everything necessary to track the arc, including skew. And they are much simpler. KISS principle prevails. But for tracking something Not in a geo-stationary orbit, such as HAM EME, or the search for ET, this is what's needed.

well, it's priced insanely high anyway. I googled the euro price to dollars: 1835 euros = 2632.6745 US dollars

Um, not today.... :loco:

Does nothing for my skew. X-skews me, it's late and I'm tired. Seriously, a polar mount on a bud, and a motor on a Ku dish, does everything necessary to track the arc, including skew. And they are much simpler. KISS principle prevails. But for tracking something Not in a geo-stationary orbit, such as HAM EME, or the search for ET, this is what's needed.

Dear FaT Air,

Such a motor might have been worthwhile for a U. S. West Coast student of Russian who wanted to tune in to the Molniya (Lightning) satellite over Siberia, if it is still there. Of course, he or she would have needed a very large dish to pull in its signals and a Snell standards converter to complete the outfit; but, what the heck. I enjoy spending other people's money. Now, as for my own.....

Gordon F. Corbett

I thought of Molniya after posting, But it was late, and I had the comp already shutting down. I've tuned Molniya.
Many, many years ago, I watched some signals from Molniya, I found in one of the publications, BITD, instructions on how to align the polar mount to get it. Might have been Coopers Digest(?) So one Saturday afternoon, What the heck. and it worked. The BUD I still use, a 120° LNA, downconverter and a Gilespie 70Mhz receiver.(I could manually tune each TP preset with the AFC disabled) Yeah the video rolled but could be slowed to a crawl, with the V Hold on the TV, to see the somewhat sparklie images. But images they were, B&W, and beautiful. No sound though, as they used some other type modulation. Think I remember the article also had a schematic for a compatible audio demodulator. I didn't build it as I wouldn't have understood a word they said anyway. But it was quite an exciting success at the time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)