A Motorola/GI DSR for 4:2:2?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It looks just like my Digitrans 7150 which I believe is a rebranded DSR 4800. The Digitrans 7150 does 4:2:2 SD.

$60 shipping from Bulgaria?
They couldn't find any local buyers with the money? ;)

I think there have been some discussion threads of those various receivers, which are good, which are to be avoided, et al.
Ya might get some hits searching the FTA forum.

The Digitrans 7150 is a rebranded Motorola 4800, and either of these will do 4:2:2 as well as fixed-key (and zero key, of course) DCII. Some things to consider:

-The 4800 (or Digitrans 7150) is not exactly a user-friendly receiver. EVERYTHING is manually programmed, since these units are designed for commercial broadcast or headend use. Having said that, the click knob on the receiver is ergonomic and relatively easy to use.

-The receiver is rack-mountable in 1 RU of space, and is built like a Sherman tank.

I believe the unit will pass QPSK DVB-S HD streams via the ASI output, but to be able to display (or record) the ASI output stream, you need a very expensive PC DVB-ASI card. There was a cheaper option for dealing with ASI streams, but I can't seem to find the thread on it...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts