A new channel, Pivot TV, has launched (197 on Dish)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I immediately thought of the "Friends" episode where Ross is supervising the others on how to move a sofa up a flight of stairs. When they must turn to continue up the stairs, he yells, "pivot....pivot". So, I was hoping we would see an endless loop of this on this channel. :popcorn

For the curious, here is a promo video. Looks like a lot of urban/liberal minded docs, shows, and some random other reruns mixed in.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the curious, here is a promo video. Looks like a lot of urban/liberal minded docs, shows, and some random other reruns mixed in.

Thanks for posting this. That way I know your description leaves a lot to fill in ourselves. It looks more like it is social media oriented. It looks to me to try to be a bit of a Facebook via TV channel. I might be tempted to see what is on the channel it it were in HD. But being SD, I don't give a rat's butt. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, meh, and double-triple meh. And one more Meh! ONLY thing that caught my eye was Farscape, but I have them all via Amazon Prime.

Its in hd with att universe

And I watched an episode of "Please Like Me" that was part of a Pivot TV preview on the Blockbuster channel in HD! It looked great in HD, but sad to see that Pivot on Dish will be in SD, so I agree: YAWN! From what I can see reruns of old shows (not many shows), Canadian and Australian content (2 shows, I think) and 2 original original shows originating in good old USA, but all aimed at the really young hipster MALES. Very few shows on its line-up and "Please Like Me" in nauseating high frequency. I think Pivot considers "Please Like Me" as it's centerpiece or lynchpin judging by how often the show is scheduled, in addition to the fact Pivot is committed to co-producing the second series of that Australian sitcom/drama. HD Please! Even a new crap channels such as this should be provided in HD.

Meh, meh, and double-triple meh. And one more Meh! ONLY thing that caught my eye was Farscape, but I have them all via Amazon Prime.

Yes, but when Amazon loses the rights, they will disappear. Better off getting them in DVD or Blu-ray if available. No disappearance from the could streamers in that case.

Yes, but when Amazon loses the rights, they will disappear. Better off getting them in DVD or Blu-ray if available. No disappearance from the could streamers in that case.
I do not really care about it (Farscape) at all from that standpoint. Just saying, don't need Pivot to show one ep at a time if DID want to watch it.

Thanks for posting this. That way I know your description leaves a lot to fill in ourselves. It looks more like it is social media oriented. It looks to me to try to be a bit of a Facebook via TV channel. I might be tempted to see what is on the channel it it were in HD. But being SD, I don't give a rat's butt. ;)

I'm liberal minded myself, so please don't think I was trying to put the channel down. I just know from my time in The Pit that many other subs may not like the content. Reading more about the channel, it is aimed at 20-something millennials, which tend to be urban, liberal, and of course social media oriented. I, like you, would watch much of it, should it become available in HD. I would not be surprised if the new execs were working on just that, as they know millennials expect HD. I just asked on Twitter.

Have you seen Pivot's Take Part Live? Clearly liberal slant, wayyyyy slant. They are left of MSNBC. They are trying to appeal to the Obama youngsters/hipsters, but I think the choice of politics is for more cynical reasons to really focus in on that highly desirable demographic that advertisers LOVE more than any other (willing to pay for iPhone upgrades every 6 months who buy things to display for other people to notice how "hip" they are such as the bright Apple logo on that overpriced laptop, an act that has them willing to advertise for Apple for no compensation), far more focused on the group than any other channels I've seen so far.

I do not really care about it (Farscape) at all from that standpoint. Just saying, don't need Pivot to show one ep at a time if DID want to watch it.

Well, I prefer the old way of a M-F schedule with more variety than the same monotony of a couple of shows over and and over and over run all day long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)