A new issue with my 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pigskintoads

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
After the long wait, I final have my 811. So far I think it sucks. Let me tell you why...
I have a Dvi and a s-cable connected to my JVC 56wp30. About every 15 to 20 seconds the screen flickers. When I called Dish about this they told me that the system is "rescanning". What does this mean? It is very annoying. I have noticed that it only happens with SD stations and not the HD ones. How can I stop this? It has gotten to the point that I want to disconnect and go back to my 301. Is this a software issue? Or is my TV not part of their thinking?

i haven't noticed this in the 10 days I've had it hooked up. I'm only running DVI. Maybe S-video problem?

Do you feel this could be a tv issue. It soes it both on the DVI and S. Do different TV's react differently to the source output?

Could you put on fox news and stare at the screen for me. It is most noticeable towards the top. It happens every 15 to 20 seconds. maybe I have a bad box?

I have a vertical shift every 20 seconds or so.It's small, but noticeable.Also,I see a hue shift about as often.All this on svideo or component.Not on DVI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)