Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Dear Friends,

Today is an exciting day for me personally never did I ever dream that when I started talking about satellite technology online over 12 years ago that I would get to the point we are at today.

I started off at DBSDISH.COM which then morphed into DBSFORUMS.COM then moved on to help start DBSTALK.COM and finally moved out on my own to start SatelliteGuys.US.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that DISH Network would come to me and ask me to start a new online forum for them… but that’s what they did. So today I am proud to announce the launch of DISHsupport.COM.

DISHsupport.COM is different than SatelliteGuys.US as it is geared towards the DISH Network customers who have never visited a satellite discussion forum like SatelliteGuys. DISHsupport.COM is geared to provide technical support help to DISH Network customer and will serve as a place where DISH Network customers can get tech support help without needing to call DISH Network.

DISHsupport.COM will be much like SatelliteGuys in the respect that the forum will be members helping members with their tech support issues.

You might be asking yourself if it’s going to be members helping members just like SatelliteGuys then why the need for a new site? The answer to that is simple… here at SatellietGuys.US we have the best members anywhere and normally when someone has a problem our members solve it within minutes! The issue then becomes (and we see this happen all the time) that after the problem is solved the discussion on that topic moves away from the original issue and becomes a totally different topic. I like to call this our signal to noise ratio, and while I have no problem with that, it does make it hard for people to find the answers they are looking for here at SatelliteGuys.

The folks at DISH Network want people to be able to ask for help and get the help they are looking for, and then they want to make it so that others who have the same issue can easily find the solution to their issue on DISHSUPPORT.COM.

Because of this DISHsupport.COM will be HEAVILY MODERATED to keep all threads on topic and to insure that people can find help for the problems they are having.

DISHSUPORT.COM will just be for Technical Support issues, nothing on billing or programming issues. DISH has other sites setup to handle those issues including on TWITTER and FACEBOOK.

Nothing on SatelliteGuys will change, we will still be your comfortable home for all things satellite, we will continue brining the latest industry news, rumors and offer the community that only SatelliteGuys can offer. Think of DISHsupport.COM as for being for normal DISH Network customers and think of SatelliteGuys as the place for you guys which I consider to be the true super users of satellite technology! Who knows some of these folks just starting out on DISHsupport.COM could be the future SatelliteGuys power user!

We are also working on a number of SEO techniques so that when a DISH Network customer has an issue they can find the solution on DISHSUPPORT.COM using search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.

Now Rome was not built in a day, when you go to DISHSUPPORT.COM today you will see there is not much there. We need your help to help build this new community!

If you see a question posted to DISHsupport.COM and you know the answer please feel free to jump in and answer the question! We are working on a program which will reward our helpers on the site. The more you help out the more perks you can receive! And since DISH Network is watching it might be possible that they select some of the excellent helpers to help them with other projects they are working on.

I thank all of you for your help on this project; you are the guys who will make it a success! I can only build the walls of the community it’s up to you guys to make it a community of your own. I also thank DISH Network for selecting me to work on this project; it means a lot to me that they select me to do this project.

Helping people learn more about satellite was my goal when I started all of this twelve years ago and that mission continues today. Thank you for allowing me to teach people about all of this amazing satellite technology!

Thank you!

Scott

More work for Scott. Just what he needs. Best of luck to ya! :up :up :hatsoff:

About how long does the notification email take to arrive? Have not received it..

Are you on Yahoo? If yes check your Junk Mail folder it's probably in there.

If its not there go back to dishsupport.com and click on the contact us down at the bottom of the page and we will get you taken care of. :)

Are you on Yahoo? If yes check your Junk Mail folder it's probably in there.

If its not there go back to dishsupport.com and click on the contact us down at the bottom of the page and we will get you taken care of. :)

Yup, sitting in the spam box waiting to for the click. That is a first for notices like this. But now able to say hello and log in.
Thanks for the help Scott.

I'll try to help out as much as I can Scott. I'll start telling my customers to check out the site if they ever need any technical help when I am not open. Keep up the great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)