Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
You might have noticed another website posted DirecTV HR2x and R22 release notes which contained the following in the release notes:

"An unrivaled rivalry south of the hood"

It should be noted that we have been told that the staff of the other site made up those notes. I am told by DirecTV "An unrivaled rivalry south of the hood" was not published by DirecTV.

Here at SatelliteGuys all notes posted are the actual notes provided by DirecTV (unless otherwise notes), unlike other sites we do not make up fake notes and features to keep people excited and coming back.

I am told that the notes we get are sent to us and the other site at the same time and that anything that is posted before then could be notes which are just made up.

So beware and compare when reading release notes, again unless otherwise noted we only posts the notes that DirecTV sends us.

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys, Happy CEing!

Is there really no sense of humor anywhere anymore? :confused:

Actual release notes: Under the hood

Other site release notes (posted early Friday): An unrivaled rivalry south of the hood

They also posted in those early notes "Stabilitification" and "Touches unto the ups", which seem to mach closely to items in almost all recent releases: Stability and Touch Up (of some feature).

Could the other site simply have been anticipating what the release notes would be long before they got them? Instead it's turned into some kind of contest here, as if we have something to be jealous of? Or do we really think they have hundreds of posters participating in CE weekly because they successfully make things up each week?

To me I read that early post over there as simple prognostication of what the actual release notes would be, and they got 1 out of 3, and really could have been right on the other two. But let's go ahead and turn this into something else entirely ... that's more fun. :rolleyes:

When your posting release notes keep them release notes and keep the jokes out of it.

A lot of people got excited tonight for nothing.

This is an excerpt of an email I sent to DirecTV this evening, and sums up how I feel about the actions tonight elsewhere:

I believe that posting notes with comments like that prior to DirecTV releasing information should be questioned with DirecTV. Is that how your organization wants to present this program to some of the best customers (3,000+ / week, high end subs)?

We have never once taken the CE program as a joke, our competition can't say that.

We will continue to do our best to provide the most accurate information to our users, with a partnership in mind to provide the frank and honest feedback to DirecTV, something they've specifically told us is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)