Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This is a note to the folks at the Fox Corporation...

Dear FOX,

For the past week you have been running a targeted ad for your GetWhatIPaidFor website via Google Adsense here on SatelliteGuys.US.

A majority of the Google Ads are exclusively promoting your site, meaning that other ads are not running. We only get paid for these ads when someone clicks on them and since this fight between you and DISH is carrying on people are no longer clicking on your ads which means we are not making the much needed ad revenue we need to pay our bills.

Because of this I have just blocked your ads from displaying here on SatelliteGuys.US so that we can get back our regular ads that help us pay the bills can return.

Please understand I did not block your ads to censor your dispute with DISH Network. If you would like to run ads here please contact me and I would be happy to work with you in getting your message out here on America's most popular satellite discussion site.

Thank you for your understanding!

Last edited:
One wonders why you bothered to tell Fox about this, rather than making them silently go away. Aren't you setting yourself up for litigation?

Scott,
They're sneeking through. Found this on p. 114 of the Official Fox / Dish Dispute Thread.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 904
One wonders why you bothered to tell Fox about this, rather than making them silently go away. Aren't you setting yourself up for litigation?
I doubt that. He is making it clear that he is not censoring them against a DishNetwork position. He is simply a businessman not allowing them to take over his website for their gain.

It is pretty obvious from these tatics that this dispute is going to last a while. Fox is obviously willing to waste money on these tactics, then to keep a loyal viewer base that their advertisers contracted for. I wonder how many of their advertisers are now considering to back out of the contracts with Fox....
I similate this with the BP advertising campaign this summer that nothing was happening in the gulf, when in fact the worlds worst environmental and gulf coasts most significant economic disaster was unfolding.

Last edited:

No I believe BOTH sides should be able to tell their side of the story, especially if it leads to the speeding up of a settlement of this dispute.

I am not in favor of DISH or FOX in this dispute, I just would like to see it resolved so the customers can get the programming they want.

The ads were not removed to censor FOX, they were removed just to keep the site self suffient and paying the bills.

That is the point I was trying to make.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts