A plea to Dish Network execs.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
SO Ray, which do you like better, the HD from Cablevision or Dish. Which quality is better on te duped channels?

Seeing both (I have CVC for locals) - I'd call it a wash for PQ. Haven't seen the 8300HD yet, but I can tell you that the 811 (yes, that 811) beats the pants off of the 4200HD. Man what a POS

mboy said:
SO Ray, which do you like better, the HD from Cablevision or Dish. Which quality is better on te duped channels?
The HD picture quality of Cabelvision and DishNetwork are identical. The channels below 100 are not digital and referred to as their "Core Cable Channels." Their PQ is poor. They are what you receive in the "Family Cable" package and what you must subscribe to if you want the HD channels I have referred to. The family package costs about $45.00. The HDDVR costs about $10.00 and the HD package costs at least another $10.00 but I can't find my last bill. I must be paying at least $70.00 per month. Dish is still a lot cheaper for the number of channels you get. I am paying close to $200 per month on combined channels on Dish and Cable. I would prefer up to $150 for DishNetwork in the Fall if they follow through with all of their added channels. Most of the channels on Family Cable are on the everything pack of Dish. There are a few channels from Philadelphia that I found very useful because I like Philadelphia Eagles. I had the Family Cable because of occasional storms that nock out satellite.

I am switching from DISH AEP to Cabelvision IO gold.
Only miss Discovery HD and HDnet. I bet those pop up on cablevision LONG before Charlie has any new, "compelling" channels pop up on dish.

lee espinoza said:
directv has them right now

But I don't have to lay out $1000 to get an HD PVR with cablevision like I do with Direct.

I can manage to live without Discovery and Hdnet until Cablevision adds them.

Not with cable, but just Cablevision...

What you're calling "core channels" on adelphia (analog) are pretty much identical to Dish, to be honest. Of course, I have all brand new RG6, only one splitter, and some carefully contstructed distribution so I'm not losing signal any more than necessary. Plus, I've got an inline amp on my initial home run. I currently have both Adelphia and Dish - temporarily. Dish will be gone next week.

Ray S said:
The HD picture quality of Cabelvision and DishNetwork are identical. The channels below 100 are not digital and referred to as their "Core Cable Channels." Their PQ is poor. They are what you receive in the "Family Cable" package and what you must subscribe to if you want the HD channels I have referred to. The family package costs about $45.00. The HDDVR costs about $10.00 and the HD package costs at least another $10.00 but I can't find my last bill. I must be paying at least $70.00 per month. Dish is still a lot cheaper for the number of channels you get. I am paying close to $200 per month on combined channels on Dish and Cable. I would prefer up to $150 for DishNetwork in the Fall if they follow through with all of their added channels. Most of the channels on Family Cable are on the everything pack of Dish. There are a few channels from Philadelphia that I found very useful because I like Philadelphia Eagles. I had the Family Cable because of occasional storms that nock out satellite.

I'm invested to, but;

I've got a 921 (waiting on my RMA papers), 510, two 508's and a 301 along with a DP44 switch, a quad LNB and a dual LNB. Everything will be inactive by the end of the week, with the 921 also being returned for a refund.

I'm STILL saving money but killing Dish, even though I've now got these extra receivers. I'm going to hang on to them for a couple months just to make sure I'm certain, then they're up for sale.

Ray S said:
I am heavily invested in Dishnetwork, I have the everything pack and the HD package. I also own the 921, 501, 811, 311 and 301. I have had the Family Package from Cablevision here in central New Jersey. I recently added the Scientific Atlanta 8300 DVR and have there basic HDTV package which includes INDHD, CBSHD, NBCHD, FOXHD, ABCHD, 13HD, MSGHD, FSHD, and ESPNHD. I could not get any local channels over the air. CBSHD and ESPNHD are duplicated, ie. they are on Dish and Cablevision. I did not want to get more satellite dishes installed. Therefore I opted out of a Direct TV or Voom install. I am going to leave things this way until next Fall and then evaluate who offers the most High Definition for the price. I just purchased Broadband with Cablevision. I just upgraded a six year old Gateway computer with a DEll Dimension 8400 and needed more speed. I had AOL dial up.

I don't think you can make anamorphic DVD's with the 8300 like you can with the 921. I have only been able to get a letterbox image which needs to be enlarged with the television. PQ is therefore further compromised. I have made some decent DVD's with the 921. The 8300 is a neat box and they have a long thread on the 8300 on the AVS Forum. So far I don't think any one has tried to make DVD's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts