Uprading to 811?

rr7296

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
Hi all, I currently have a 322 and 522 and wanted to add an 811 to the mix. After fighting with Dish I came to this forum and e mailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and seem to be finally getting somewhere. Anyway I was wondering what kind of switch would I need to run the above scenario??

Hi, welcome to satelliteguys!

If you currently have a 322 and 522 you were probably set up with a dish pro quad, which has 4 outputs. To add the 811 you will need to throw in a DP34 switch, which will give you a total of 6 outputs.

The quad has 4 outputs
The first 2 will go into the DP34.
The 2 remaining on the quad will feed the 522
Then the first 2 on the DP34 will feed the 322
The 3rd will feed the 811

Did they say they will bring the 811 over and install it, or is it just going to be shipped to you?

Your best bet is to have it installed.

They are just going to ship it to me. I have a switch mounted on the side of my house because I have a super dish? Is there spare ports left on it?? I'm not at home to look.

Yes, the switch that's used for the superdish, which is the DP34, would already be full with the 322 and 522. You'll need a second DP34 to casaded on the first to give you four more outputs...

You might have a DPP44, but I highly doubt it because the delaers are charged more to use them. A way to check for this switch is if you have a single cable going to the 322 and 522 then a seperator near the receiver to split the line into to cables...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)