A possible NBA and Stanley Cup Finals conflict

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
NBC Sports Stanley Cup Playoff Broadcast Schedule, Who’s Ready For a Surprise? Puck The Media

Sports Media Watch: Stanley Cup Finals to take on NBA Finals head-to-head.

For the first time, there is the possibility that the two biggest championship events of the early summer could air head-to-head. This could be disastrous -- what if the Celtics and Bruins, who share TD BankNorth Garden, both advance to their respective championship rounds?

Bill, what do you think of that possibility?

Not sure why if Sabres wanted just Bill's opinion he didn't just PM him.

I am sure that there have been other discrepancies like this in the past.

Jimbo

The reason I directed this at Bill is because I can't think of any other member who has an NBA and NHL team that have a shot at double-dipping in the Finals.

Jimbo and Wozniak do have the Red Wings, but the Pistons aren't going anywhere in the playoffs

Cleveland doesn't have a hockey team, so that takes HD out of the equation

Pittsburgh doesn't have an NBA team- that eliminates the Pittsburgh guys

Not sure why if Sabres wanted just Bill's opinion he didn't just PM him.

I am sure that there have been other discrepancies like this in the past.

Jimbo

exactly :)

like Colorado's world series/monday night football game a couple years ago

Since the same people (Delaware North Companies) own the Bruins & the Garden the Bruins would get priority ;)

Today, the company remains family-owned and operated by Jeremy Jacobs who also owns the Boston Bruins and the arena in which the team plays, the TD Banknorth Garden.

Every stadium and arena lease contains language that spells out the relationship between the teams in detail. Iceberg is correct that the NHL is the primary tenant in Boston.

This used to happen quite often, but more and more cities now have two arenas.

The reason I directed this at Bill is because I can't think of any other member who has an NBA and NHL team that have a shot at double-dipping in the Finals.

Jimbo and Wozniak do have the Red Wings, but the Pistons aren't going anywhere in the playoffs

Cleveland doesn't have a hockey team, so that takes HD out of the equation

Pittsburgh doesn't have an NBA team- that eliminates the Pittsburgh guys

Red Wings and Pistons play in different areana's anyways.
If your talking about having two major events happening on the same day, thats entirely different than two teams playing in the same building on the same day.

Since the same people (Delaware North Companies) own the Bruins & the Garden the Bruins would get priority ;)

Today, the company remains family-owned and operated by Jeremy Jacobs who also owns the Boston Bruins and the arena in which the team plays, the TD Banknorth Garden.

Since Jeremy is from Buffalo, they could move the hockey game to HSBC, because that is as close as Buffalo is getting to the Stanley Cup, as long as the Quinn, Regier, and Ruff Pony Show runs the Sabres into the ground again.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)