A question about encryption..

Also, I learned from seeing a TBS 5920 that if you want to see encrypted channels, you should have a CAM and a smartcard. Are those requirements (CAM and smartcard) used for both or it's just seperately and-- PLEASE DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME OR JUST BEING SILLY OR RUDE!! I JUST NEED TIPS!!!

Why dont you just tell us what you're trying to accomplish instead of playing ring around the rosie (or the issue at hand)???

This reminds me of someone who takes their car to the shop and says "it dont work" but wont elaborate on it

I'm asking again, that with the TBS 5980, if you wanna watch encrypted TV, it requires CAM and a smartcard. Does it require both or does it go separate (only the CAM or only the smartcard)?

you will need a cam for each card that you pay for and to pay for every channel will cost you more every month then if you where to pay for 3 years of directv with every channel. what channel are you looking for???

Ex. Nick , HBO, Alkarma, NBC, Otv.....

Us providers wont allow the use of cam and card setups as they use there own box to give you service. Other providers around the world would allow you to set up a cam and card on your own box to watch there programing

I just want a Nagravision CAM or maybe a Dish, DirecTV, Bell, Shaw card (before I buy the TBS 5980) and I'M NOT HACKING OR ANYTHING!, but I just wanna know where to buy it...

u can search at the same place that has your tbs5980 as some of there cards have a location for a cam slot but to use a dish card or any us provider card they must be in a subbed box to work so your SOL and yes you might want to be a upstanding person but this is tipping on hack talk .

you will need a cam for each card that you pay for and to pay for every channel will cost you more every month then if you where to pay for 3 years of directv with every channel. what channel are you looking for???

Ex. Nick , HBO, Alkarma, NBC, Otv.....
Well, I was thinking of ABC, CBS, NBC, etc stations and maybe some other channels (CN, Nick, etc) but I still can't get most Canadian channels because for either a Bell or Shaw smartcard, might be too hard to get...

you've continued to post the same question but are ignoring what people are responding. So I guess I'll have to repeat it again

Here in North America if you want to subscribe to programming that is scrambled, you MUST MUST MUST use their receiver. This goes for Dish, Directv, Bell, Shaw, Globecast, Dish Mexico, Claro, Sky Mexico. The providers WILL NOT authorize anything but their receiver. Also some of these do not use a smartcard (shaw being one) or its embedded on the motherboard (as Dish is now)

In other parts of the world it is different. They CAN use CAM slots and subscribe to programming with their own receiver

But since you are in North America the 1st part is all you need. You can get free to air programming with that pc box you are referring to

Ok so if you want nick and just nick for your pc u can sub but you will need to fill out a from for approval after your approved you will need to pay a full 12 month up front cost of $204,000.00 you will also get a $7,000 credit for your next year but contract could change and price could go higher all those details will be disclosed 30 days prior to your contract expiring.

Pass me your fax number if you would like for me to broker this i will take no fees. Happy hunting.

that is powervu and BISS which yes you enter a code you are given from the provider or the uplinker....these are only for commercial setups.....and they monitor who can see the programming very tightly

Bottom line is if its a subscription you need then you have to get the receiver that the company is using....plain and simple

One of my clients uses BISS codes on a regular basis for simple encryption of their satellite feeds. They provide me a number key which I enter in my encoder and also in my IRD's. Like I mentioned, this is the simplest of encryption. There are more sophisticated encryption solutions where individual receivers can be activated/deactivated (this is what Directv, Dish, etc.) use. Programmers (ESPN, HBO, etc.) also use a similar encryption scheme except they only talk to the IRD's at the cable tv head ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)