a question for dish satellite experts.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sugov10

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
west jordan utah
im living in an apartment complex, so i have to get dish with a different company , at the beginning i notice that i been missed 4 hd channels ( univision, galavision , telefutura and fox soccer channel) so i call the customer service and they said that there sending a tech to fix it, and he said that those channels are in a different transponder and he said that he dont carry those transponders, so the channels cannot be added, my question is how hard is to add the transponder to get the channels? or he just dont want to do it?

It doesn't matter garys, he is on an MDU system at his apartment complex. His options aren't the same as a regular home system.....

i did what gary said and i dont have the transponders 20 and 32 , this are the transponders that i need , i dont know if the tech can install this transponders with no problem , what do you guys think.

It's not like what you guys are talking about with satellite positions and such. The apartment is probably using a Q-Box or something similar. If there isn't a modulator installed for that transponder he will not receive those channels.

Looks like the OP started a new thread because he didn't like the answers here. AFAIK, he can't add transponders. O don't know what channels he wants to get, but his only optio is to contact the apartment owners and see if they can get those channels added. Otherwise, he's SOL.

It's not like what you guys are talking about with satellite positions and such. The apartment is probably using a Q-Box or something similar. If there isn't a modulator installed for that transponder he will not receive those channels.
yes i think there using a q box, so what are my options.

yes i think there using a q box, so what are my options.

Install your own dish or continue to talk to the building folks. Kinda odd for them not to carry TP 20 and 32 on 129. You never know what channels Dish could move in and out of those transponders. You could wake up one day be missing some other mainstream channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)