A question that has most likely been asked a million times

Scott16475

Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Minnesota
My apologies up front, as I did a search before asking and it came back with "no matches found" yet, I'm sure it's been asked.

Is it possible to record one show with my DVR and watch something else at the same time on the same TV? Currently, I can record a show and watch something else on a second TV which is connected to the same DVR, but I'm much more interested in it recording one thing and watching a different live show on the SAME tv.

Is this possible and if it is, can someone walk me through on how to do it?

Thank you!

You must be in dual mode. Change your dvr to single mode and you will be able to record one channel and watch another. If you have an OTA antenna hooked up, you can record two channels and watch a third!

Assuming you have a dual tuner receiver:

Change your "Record Preference" so that your receiver records to the other tuner (TV2). That way it'll be recording to TV2 when in dual mode and you can view a live show on TV1. TV2 will be able to view a previously recorded program OR the one being recorded. Go to MENU-8 Preferences-5 Record Plus to do this. The other option is single mode as has been mentioned. Hope this helps.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts