A questions about switching from E*

soonerman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
I have gotten an offer from our local cable company, Cox Communications that will be hard to refuse regarding bundling. I really like E*, but money is money.

My question is this:

Once I have fulfilled the 18 month contract that I entered what is the procedure for canceling with E* if I choose.

Additionally, we had a family member who is an installer do our our install. If I cancel after I have fulfilled the contract, will he be penalized?

I know I will have to send back the receivers, but what about the dish itself or the switches or components? How difficult is cancelling? Will they try to give me a runaround or will they fulfill my wishes fairly easily.

Thanks for the info.

I have gotten an offer from our local cable company, Cox Communications that will be hard to refuse regarding bundling. I really like E*, but money is money.

My question is this:

Once I have fulfilled the 18 month contract that I entered what is the procedure for canceling with E* if I choose.

Additionally, we had a family member who is an installer do our our install. If I cancel after I have fulfilled the contract, will he be penalized?

I know I will have to send back the receivers, but what about the dish itself or the switches or components? How difficult is cancelling? Will they try to give me a runaround or will they fulfill my wishes fairly easily.

Thanks for the info.

Hi!
I can't really answer your question, as I'm fairly new to Dish myself, but I noticed you say Cox is your cable provider. I know different parts of the country are different, but i thought I'd just say, you may want to check out the quality Cox has in the area as far as picture quality, if that matters to you at all. I was a long time cox customer and was satisified. That was until i saw the difference between satellite and cable...well...cable on Cox. I was blown away. I've left them and haven't looked back.

But as i said, it's jsut a matter of what's important to ya. So take that for what it's worth. :)

My question is this:

1. Once I have fulfilled the 18 month contract that I entered what is the procedure for canceling with E* if I choose.

2. If I cancel after I have fulfilled the contract, will he be penalized?

3. I know I will have to send back the receivers, but what about the dish itself or the switches or components? How difficult is cancelling? Will they try to give me a runaround or will they fulfill my wishes fairly easily.

Thanks for the info.

1. No

2. No

3. All you are required to send back (*correct me if I'm wrong) is the LNB, and the receivers. Of course they won't want you to leave, they will want you to stay. If your just Hellbent on leaving, tell them you are moving out of the country and are not sure when you will return. That usually gets them to stop asking questions.

I have found out that the offer required me to bundle all my services and gave me a significant discount for a whopping 3 months except for the phone which is for a year. I had to really push them to explain the pricing and once they did, I realized I would be paying significantly more for less when it comes to all my TV's.

After comparing the apples to apples I have quickly realized that Dish is much better priced for about the same thing. I like E* and how clear the signal is and am not going to switch to save a little bit for just three months.

I guess the old adage, "buyer beware" applies to the bundle discounts you are offered.

Thanks for the answers and I hope anyone else considering a swith from E* makes sure to do their homework before jumping ship and making a possible big mistake!

I myself prefer E* as far as Satellite goes. However I don't own stock in the company so I tell people if they want to switch over to Directv or Cable go ahead, BUT, big BUT here. Always really check out the other provider that you are switching to. Do they have what you want. IF so how about PQ. Go to a neighbors house and look at it., etc, etc.

Bottom line whatever you have now and you want to switch, really weigh out the options and such before you switch yourself into a 18-24 month contract.
Don't get mad a switch over just because you got mad a someone on the phone that is paid minimun wage and who could care less about the company they work for. All places have poor or bad CSR's to an extent.

I have found out that the offer required me to bundle all my services and gave me a significant discount for a whopping 3 months except for the phone which is for a year. I had to really push them to explain the pricing and once they did, I realized I would be paying significantly more for less when it comes to all my TV's.

After comparing the apples to apples I have quickly realized that Dish is much better priced for about the same thing. I like E* and how clear the signal is and am not going to switch to save a little bit for just three months.

I guess the old adage, "buyer beware" applies to the bundle discounts you are offered.

Thanks for the answers and I hope anyone else considering a swith from E* makes sure to do their homework before jumping ship and making a possible big mistake!

Glad you pushed them for the details. What you said about paying about the same for less on cable is why I left cable to begin with. For only just a LITTLE more on DirecTV and now Dish, I got a LOT more and a LOT better quality, signal, PQ...etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts