Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Holmes on Homes

Ive been watching the show "Holmes on homes" over the last month or so and the host Mike Holmes does some really good work in fixing the work that bad contractors do to customers homes. If you get a chance I recommend watching this show, its a considerably less emotional and more practical version of extreme home makeover.

I think what makes it good is that its all done in Toronto, Ontario and the surrounding area so it hasnt been dirtied by Hollywood. Mike narates a bit as the homeowner tells their story and the stories can vary from mild to "my god what kind of monster was this contractor" and in one case an insurance company was at fault for the contractor they brought in. I think what it is that I like about his show so much is that he does what I worked so hard to do when I installed dish, I'd go in and fix the bad work that others did and not just go in and throw a bandaid on it and call it good. I got the bug not from installing dish but dealing with a plumbing contractor who botched a collapsed drain pipe repair costing my grandmother several thousand dollars that I fought to get back all but $1,400 of a $3,900 bill, the guy shouldnt have let his son measure out where he thought the break was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts