Status
Not open for further replies.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I decided to get Oberwis milk delivered to my home as I thought it would be cool to have the milk man deliver to my aparmtent as I have never had anythink like this before. The delivery rates and milk are decent so why not give it a shot!

Whoops pressed the enter button.. But anyhow.. So all day I have been waiting.. Didnt find out untill 7 tonight that the guy wasnt coming after being told by oberwise all day that they would be delivering. The guy who delivers to my house is the owner of the store, and says that its oberwises policy. Oberwise says that its up to him.

But yet if I lived in the house thats 25ft away from my building they would have no issue delivering... Swans, UPS, Fedex,DHL, The Pizza guy, and USPS has no problems delivering to my building. Isnt this discrimination? I could understand if i lived in a bad area or something, but hell I cant remember the last time that the cops have even been in my building. The tennants here have lived here longer than what I have. I'm the new guy and I have lived in my building for over 5 years.

Bob if he didnt say why he wont deliver to your building then you have no grounds for even thinking discrimination let alone making any acusations. Its one thing to deliver packages and pizza to an apartment building but another for milk wich cant be left to sit out for longer than 15 - 20 minutes tops as it will spoil quickly and Im asuming that he delivers during the day and most people work during the day.

After cooling down a bit i emailed jim oberwise the CEO. He explained to me that he talked to the store owner and he said that they couldnt access my building. I fired an email back to him letting him know that it wasnt that they couldnt access my builidng it was because they never showed up. The fact that my apartment is accessable from the outside and I have never had any issues with any delivery service before.

Van, as far as Leaving the milk outiside, they have a cooler that they leave the product in. Also, right by my front door there is an unlocked utillity closet that has a working refridgerator in it. This was actually a sweet setup for getting food delivered. The swans guy that comes to my apartment leaves the icecream in freezer. If they dont want my buisness thats one thing, but atleast make up some other excuse other than trying to Bullsh!t me because of what type of dwelling I live in. Its like getting your dish installed, you have clear LOS, and a balcaney that has exclusive use. But he cant do it because he's trying to do everything to get out of the job.

Van, as far as Leaving the milk outiside, they have a cooler that they leave the product in. Also, right by my front door there is an unlocked utillity closet that has a working refridgerator in it.
Tell us what happens when he does deliver it (during the day when no one's home) and you get home and there's no milk there. Then you get a bill for milk that you didn't get. Yet he did deliver it.... Whose problem is it if it gets stolen ? You won't pay for it because you didn't get it. He shouldn't credit or refund you because he "delivered" it.

Tell us what happens when he does deliver it (during the day when no one's home) and you get home and there's no milk there. Then you get a bill for milk that you didn't get. Yet he did deliver it.... Whose problem is it if it gets stolen ? You won't pay for it because you didn't get it. He shouldn't credit or refund you because he "delivered" it.

Theft does not happen where I live. When it does happen, its a big deal.. Also, whos to say the same thing doesnt happen infront of somebodys door! The area that I live in is very safe. Its not like I live in the innercity of chicago. But you wouldnt understand it.

Well after talking to a realestate agent and property manager today I can say that it doesnt matter where you live, people will steal you blind if given the chance. I went and looked at a nice duplex rental in the village of Bogart wich is a real quiet place and nice people that live there. Getting back to the realtors office we were talking and I brought up another place they'r managing and how the rental fee of $495 a month for a house with a broken up driveway and two abandoned homes on either side was a bit much. Long story short the owner of said property had bought up three other places that were abandoned and one of them was ransacked for the copper and hvac, what you would expect of a low income area but the realtor told us of an upscale subdivision up the road near the golfcourse that had finished homes spaced out between those still under construction that had been hit for everything inside them during our recent cold snap and the builder got hit for around $70K per home.

I love these kind of topics; not in my town and claims of unfair treatment or discrimination. People LOVE throwing that out there for shock value. This happens all over the place with many delivery setups, and its FAR from discrimination.

(A BIG OUCH for the Chi-town slam in the earlier post)

In fact Schwans, UPS , FedEx and the like can all place you on an "delivery in person only" rules if they choose to do so after so many "incidents". The fact that this smaller, likely private, milk company already has a policy; its their right; and just maybe; they have already had enough incidents locally and thus the current policy.

As for claiming this type of crime doesn't happen where you live? Bet again; you have the blinders on. People everywhere, in all types of communities, large and small have this type of crime.

Now, all that being said; what is the cost per gallon of whole milk including the delivery fee? We had this type of glass bottle delivery when I was a kid and I am interested in what it costs today and maybe even obtaining a franchise depending on their overall area. Although I bet this simply means driving one of your contracted trucks in a very limited area.

In fact Schwans, UPS , FedEx and the like can all place you on an "delivery in person only" rules if they choose to do so after so many "incidents". The fact that this smaller, likely private, milk company already has a policy; its their right; and just maybe; they have already had enough incidents locally and thus the current policy.

Yes, if the customer chooses to wave all of that, then there shouldn't be an issue. I know I would. As far as delivery in person, I'm home so, I would be able to do that. But they don't want to. They also don't want to no matter what I wave or even say that I will take responsibility for. They just plain out don't want my business. I couldn't believe it as I have never ran into this issue. The guy was pretty adamant about not delivering at all. Oh well its his loss, I guess my swans guy will continue to get his 100 dollar Christmas tip. So in the mean time I will continue to trash oberweis and tell people not to buy from there and my horrible experience with them. Thats all I can do. And if no one over at the oberwise wants to fix the issue then people will not do business with them, like how people are flocking from dish now. In the end its where the dollar is spent.

So in the mean time I will continue to trash oberweis and tell people not to buy from there and my horribale experaince with them. Thats all I can do. And if no one over at the oberwise wants to fix the issue then people will not do buisness with them, like how people are flocking from dish now. In the end its where the dollar is spent.

Well this is the part I say is over-kill; WAY over-kill. As for YOU not being able to get service, all you can claim is that they would not deliver to your area or complex. BUT you still have no personal experience with their actual service or product quality and SHOULD at least be willing to allow others to try it for themselves on an non-biased basis. It is a business and they "reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" and that happens to be you this time, but it does not reflect on their actual products; at least as far as you and I know and to trash that is a bit childish in my view. You should just be willing to take the refusal like a man and tell others just that; they refuse service to my area; not that they are bad, they suck and their products are useless, etc. I mean; come on now GB? Really?

Last edited:
Charper your right to a point, while it will be up to people to determine for them selfs, I can only tell them what my experance is. There is only one oberwise store in my area, If there was more than one, then it would be diffrent. I do have experance with there actual or lack of service as I have been talking to the store owner and ceo of the brand. I have given them every benifit of the doubt and have been really cool headed about this. Its not that they refuse service in my area. They refuse service to MDU's alone.

I understand that they have a right to refuse service to anyone, But they should have made an attempt instead of refusing from the getgo. And I should have been notified of this policy alot sooner than what I was. Again, I have had this order in for over two weeks and I didnt get notified untill 7pm on the day of delivery. Thanks alot. I was more pissed about that then getting over the service. The only reason why I asked if it was discrimmination was because I thought there was an equal delivery opportunity act or something to that effect... What it boils down to is if im not good enough for their product then, their product is not good enough for me to recommend.

If your hear to antagonize me then please leave and don't let the door hit you in the ass.
You asked a question to the members of this forum. Then you didn't like the answers you got because they didn't "side" with you. What did you want, the phone number for a civil rights lawyer so you could sue them for discrimination ?

You asked a question to the members of this forum. Then you didn't like the answers you got because they didn't "side" with you. What did you want, the phone number for a civil rights lawyer so you could sue them for discrimination ?

Your right I did ask a question. As far as the answers, no one ever said that I didnt like them. What I did was invoke converasation as I wanted intellectual answers, not responces like a 2 year old. If i wanted that I would have gone to the pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)