Oberwiess will not deliver because I live in an apartment building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it IS discrimination. Unfortunately for Bob, it's legal discrimination, as only a few forms of discrimination is illegal. I discriminate against yellow, as I don't care for the color - I don't buy yellow clothes, yellow cars, yellow legal pads, or yellow highlighters. I sure don't expect companies that sell these products to freak out and yell about my discrimination practices, as it's my choice. It always bothers me when people complain about discrimination - it's a good thing when done legally :rolleyes:

As far as not understanding, I understand well enough. I was "fortunate" enough to download Bob's audio clips where he whined and basically caused trouble with a CSR for his own pleasure in regards to some deal that was being offered for service upgrades that were not available to him (or whatever, I kinda forget now, and quit listening because I was so disgusted that someone would act so immaturely). I know what kind of whiner Bob is, and completely understand the issue now. Sorry Bob, but that's the way I see it... maybe I don't understand, but if I don't, I do not see any benefit in doing so anyhow.

Good luck with your milk!

Actually it IS discrimination. Unfortunately for Bob, it's legal discrimination, as only a few forms of discrimination is illegal. I discriminate against yellow, as I don't care for the color - I don't buy yellow clothes, yellow cars, yellow legal pads, or yellow highlighters. I sure don't expect companies that sell these products to freak out and yell about my discrimination practices, as it's my choice. It always bothers me when people complain about discrimination - it's a good thing when done legally :rolleyes:

As far as not understanding, I understand well enough. I was "fortunate" enough to download Bob's audio clips where he whined and basically caused trouble with a CSR for his own pleasure in regards to some deal that was being offered for service upgrades that were not available to him (or whatever, I kinda forget now, and quit listening because I was so disgusted that someone would act so immaturely). I know what kind of whiner Bob is, and completely understand the issue now. Sorry Bob, but that's the way I see it... maybe I don't understand, but if I don't, I do not see any benefit in doing so anyhow.

Good luck with your milk!

Thats your oppinion, I feel that coustomer service is a thing of the past any more. We have gone to outsourcing to india, and the phillipeanes to save a buck. There was one day when if you had an issue everyone would bend over backwards to keep a coustomer happy. Most of the time Coustomers were happy because they got it right the first time. Unfortunatly thats not the case anymore, its how to make a quick buck and get out. Now as far as me whiner.. Im not the one whining about how I do things, what I did was bring up a vailid point and ask a question. Lets get something right it wasnt for my own pleasure, It was to get a screwup that dish made, fixed!

While you discriminate against yellow, thats diffrent you dont choose those products. Its diffrent when you sell a product and offer service, but just not to those people because thats where they live.

Update: Joe just called and they are infact going to start delivery. After explaining the situation with him, they have revisited their policys and are changing them to allow for apartment delivery on a case by case basis and an area by area basis. What they are doing is allowing coustomers who can provide resonable acess and means to allow for product delivery, they are allowing them to now get delivered. He said that it makes to much sence to not exclude apartment buildings and the reason why they didnt allow deliveries in the past was because of a milk truck getting stolen in chicago when the driver left it running with the keys in the igition. Anyone who lives and works up in the city knows that is a huge No NO. Anytime I was up their with the dish van (when I worked with echostar) I made sure that was locked for that very reason.

Update: Joe just called and they are infact going to start delivery. After explaining the situation with him, they have revisited their policys and are changing them to allow for apartment delivery on a case by case basis and an area by area basis. What they are doing is allowing coustomers who can provide resonable acess and means to allow for product delivery, they are allowing them to now get delivered. He said that it makes to much sence to not exclude apartment buildings and the reason why they didnt allow deliveries in the past was because of a milk truck getting stolen in chicago when the driver left it running with the keys in the igition. Anyone who lives and works up in the city knows that is a huge No NO. Anytime I was up their with the dish van (when I worked with echostar) I made sure that was locked for that very reason.

So you whined and cried until you got what you wanted?? Are you happy now? I ams ure that milk company is really looking forward to that extra 50 cents a week he will now make for delivering to your door. No wait, he will just charge the rest of us extra to cover the cost of delivering to your whiney butt.

You must be a a Democrat.

So you whined and cried until you got what you wanted?? Are you happy now? I ams ure that milk company is really looking forward to that extra 50 cents a week he will now make for delivering to your door. No wait, he will just charge the rest of us extra to cover the cost of delivering to your whiney butt.

You must be a a Democrat.

Whoa, just WHOA!!! This isn't the pit.....

Just when Bob was starting to get like Bob and starting to sound like the " Dish wont give me this and that " posters he got what he wanted, wonder if he emailed "ceo@oberwiess.com "

Just when Bob was starting to get like Bob and starting to sound like the " Dish wont give me this and that " posters he got what he wanted, wonder if he emailed "ceo@oberwiess.com "

It was something like that. :p The only difference between this rant and that rant was the fact that this rant I kept my cool. I didn't get all crazy and I saw results. I saw a potential problem with in the company and brought it to the attention of people who can make a difference. When that was brought, A policy change was made into effect. So none of you can say that I was whining as you did not hear the phone conversations between the Jim and I and the store owner. It was nice to hear that things can change with customer feedback.

If you really know me then you know that I'm actually a really cool guy, with lots of patience. It takes alto to get me ticked off. With dish it was months of incompetence, hell look at this weeks up link and you can see what I'm talking about. The one sure fire way to get me ticked off is to outsource your customer service to people in India or the Philippians who have never touched the product or care if your problem gets solved. I really don't like to do business with people or companies that do this. I would rather get a good old American or someone from Britain before any other country. At least I know that They can understand me and I can understand them.

When I originally posted I wanted to ask a question as well as give the background info and then the trolls took over. I will take the democrat comment as a complement as yes I'm a democrat and I am behind my boy Barrack. In fact, I'm moving this thread to the pit if we all agree that we want to turn this into a rubber room match. If you all have air out your opinions against me, then I will do so and take it like a man. Unlike other sites I don't care what you think about me. I'm not here to win a popularity contest. Nore will you get banned for telling me what peace of trash you think I am.

I can take it. I have been spit at, pissed on, and slapped in the face (oh thank you Iraq) Anything typed here is not going to be much of an insult. I have learned one thing from my deployment in Iraq. When you get torn away from your family involuntary like how I did, you look at things differently. Yes I know it was in my contract and it was my job and duty to go. But what I suffered through was a legal form of the draft. I don't think any of you all can really, really know what its like to be with your wife and kids one day and then a month later your being shot at by extremest Arabs over 6000 miles away from home.

I'm sure that if you all went through this too you would have the same chip on your shoulders that I have on mine. You to would be fed up with the Philippians and India too. I can truly say that it is America and England that holds the world on their shoulders. Think different then why did most of the world markets crash when speculation of us going into recession finally hit the world market. Just my thoughts, Agree or disagree. Like it or not.

glad it worked out, I was going to suggest bob visit the store and owner personally, when your a real living person in front of them its harder to say no we cant.

I try to visit my suppliers every couple years for this very reason, when something comes up they tend to treat you better.

locally i think milk isnt delivered anymore, my neighbor used to get it but the last company marburger stopped deliveries. or so i was told.

the cost of fuel to deliver a low margin low priced product must be a killer

a low margin low priced product must be a killer

Low price & low margin? Most milk in the USA is local area produced in the very same areas in which it is purchase and its $4+ a gallon on avg. FAR LESS, market R&D, hardly any refining process and virtually NO long haul delivery on raw or finished products like say OIL, yet it is still at a crazy jacked up price; along with the subsidies most of the dairy guys can or do get? And most cunsumers NEVER blink an eye or utter a bad word about it! Give me a break!

We had delivered milk at home when I was a kid (plus other stuff), then when I had an apartment of my own in the 70s I had milk delivered there as well. There was a slight premium then for home delivery. Eventually that went the way of the glass returnable bottle, probably due to low margins at the time that could no longer sustain the shrinking customer base..

I wonder if more than just Oberwiesse could compete now? Could a product/service priced a bit higher for the conveniece command enough share to become profitable again? What other value-added service could be packaged with it? DVD/video game pick-up and delivery? (I know, we already have Netflix and BB for that, but I'm talking bundling, where the added cost of delivery is incremental.)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)