A Return to C-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dkendrick59

Sep 29, 2008
I recently reconnected my old 10' dish and receiver. Amazingly, everything works fine. I don't seem to be able to find many "in the clear" channels. I have scanned horizon to horizon only finding a few offerings. Would it be worth the dollars to add a KU band Lnb to the setup? Also, my old Uniden 4400 receiver has limited capabilites. Any advice or tips on finding wild feeds on the C-band or Ku band utilizing the BUG would be appreciated.

sure!

May not find many feeds on analog KU either since so many channels have started using the digital equipment. Best investment would be a free to air receiver to go with your BUD setup. Tons of free channels and wild feeds on both C and KU bands on the digital side now. Check out The List, top of page for a sample of whats up there. If your big dish has small enough mesh to work with KU, you should be more than pleased with digital free to air. NO SUBSCRIPTION needed!
SPonsors also at top of pages here have many models to offer, from simple and economical to fairly expensive HD models. Right now there aren't a lot of stations to watch that are HD, but lots of sports and wildfeeds are being broadcast in HD now.
A Motorola 4DTV might be worth looking into also, does analog c/ku and digital c/ku digicipher (scrambled) feeds. You can subscribe to much of your reg cable channels using the 4DTV. One programming co is NPS - Your One Call Solution - CBAND Satellite Programming C-band, check for their offerings.

I am brand new at this. However, via research I found out about a dual band LNB BSC621 that runs about $40 - $50 (fits the larger dishes). Also I heard about a Coolsat 6000 digitital receiver that can be found on ebay at bid price. The 6000 has a decoder. This combo is supposed to pick up all of the C and KU band stations world wide with BUD.
I just aquired a 10ft dish and I'm working toward the same setup.

I forgot to mention. Can anyone give me an idea as to how to start setting up my 10ft "Perfect Ten" Dish? I live in central Florida with a zip of 32180. I just acquired the dish and plan to upgrade the LNB and aquire a "vbox" and a Coolsat 6000 Receiver in the near future, (based on my xtra dollars of course). I need to know how tall my mounting pole should be? The one I have is only 6ft out of the ground. I'm not sure as to what verticle position the dish should be set at in the beginning.
I have had the dream for a long time, just have not been this close before. A few years ago I took down a system for free, in return for the system. Of course, at the last moment, as I was loading the system onto my truck I was advised the receiver had already been given away.
The dish looked good, but was not usable for C and K Band.
I did just require a good dish. It has a Chaparral Feedhorn with a Echo Star EA030 LNB. The mesh is close enough to use for C and K Band. Still did not get a receiver.
I am confused on the original setup.
One more question, If I hook up the old system, as is, what happens when everything goes digitital?

Equipment Needed to Make a 10' BUD ready for Digital FTAs

OK thanks for the help so far. As I said, I have a 10' BUD that I want to upgrade to receive FTA digital broadcasts. What receiver would you suggst? Also will the reciever move the dish in the arc as the old Uniden 4400' did? Will I need a new LNB? Forgive me for my ignorance. I went from receiving analog C-Band on the BUG to DirecTV years back.

You will have to use your old analog receiver to move the dish and change polarity or get a vbox or gbox to move it.

Everyone has a favorite receiver and if you are interested in HD that will affect your choice in receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)