a search engine to find posts about like problems?

keithet

Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
United States
I have a couple of issues I would like to find answers for. Would like to not have to open every post trying to find which post will help me find these answers. I have a 622 dvr, the hdmi has stopped working, It seems to be a problem with all 622's. Has anyone found an answer other then having Dishnetwork send out a replacement? I also would like to replace the internal hard drive, I have read that there are 3 500 gig drives that are compatible but, they aren't still being made. Has anyone tried to install a 1 TB drive? I was looking at a Wd black cavier, which is the newer version of the hard drive that was the recommended replacement.

The HDMI port is probably just broken off the board. You could probably re-solder it yourself, assuming that the traces are big enough. (I've never opened one to look.)

News to me. There are certain 1TB models known to the 622 firmware, and they should work. Do you know something I don't know?
We're talking internal drive here. Do you know someone who has?

Do you know someone who has?
No, but certain drive model numbers are hard-coded into the firmware and they are supposed to work. The drive is not married to the receiver as they are for the 50x series.

If it's a leased unit, I'm sure Dish would take a dim view of changing out the internal HDD, or even any soldering. Early ViP622 units had a physical problem with the HDMI connector, and I'm not sure it could always be fixed by soldering.

I strongly second the idea of moving to a ViP722K.

I have a couple of issues I would like to find answers for. Would like to not have to open every post trying to find which post will help me find these answers. I have a 622 dvr, the hdmi has stopped working, It seems to be a problem with all 622's. Has anyone found an answer other then having Dishnetwork send out a replacement? I also would like to replace the internal hard drive, I have read that there are 3 500 gig drives that are compatible but, they aren't still being made. Has anyone tried to install a 1 TB drive? I was looking at a Wd black cavier, which is the newer version of the hard drive that was the recommended replacement.
Have you tried Google it will search this and other forums for possible answers?

If you're looking at one of those "approved" lists be careful that it's an exact match. A "newer version of the hard drive that was the recommended replacement" will not work.

And in some cases it has been found that you can put a larger drive in the box but it creates the partitions the same size anyway.

problem with composites.

I have 3-622's hooked into a Denon Receiver, which in turn goes into a Mitsibushi TV. I bought the Denon because of the number of hdmi inputs so, I could use hdmi cables and clean up the back of my stereo rack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)