A shopping channel is leaving Dish!!

man!! another QUALITY channel that Dish SCREWED UP and lost!!!!!! Thats it. Im calling directv, throwing my vip DVR's out the window and going on a internet tirade to let the whole world know Dish has lost it! LOL

:up;)

I am surprised that Dish Network is not selling their own products on a channel (or two, or three). Maybe they could sell some of their left over satellite stuff. That would be a great way to piss off the retailers.

I really hope everybody stays calm when all these HD temp channels get flipped on and at least one turns out to be one of the shopping channels in HD. I know QVC is one of the few shopping channels that doesn't have to pay for carriage, but I would think Dish would be compensated for carrying HSN HD or especially Jewelry TV HD since it's out there but available NOwhere.

This is UNBELIEVABLE ! ! Dish is losing another channel??? If Charlie doesn't get his head on straight and get us some shopping channels in HD, I'm outa here!!

The rest of you LOOSERS (sic) can stay and watch QVC in SD, but I'm just sick of it!

I read where ATT UVerse has QVC in HD!!!

shocked Charlie hasnt added it yet!

I know QVC is one of the few shopping channels that doesn't have to pay for carriage, ....

Huh? Are you sure about that? Hard to believe there's enough interest in QVC that Dish would carry it for free.

Huh? Are you sure about that? Hard to believe there's enough interest in QVC that Dish would carry it for free.

the company that carries it gets a cut of the sales.

hi mrs jones, you want a fit fitter its on TV now.

Great how many would you like? What channel nuber are you watching? Oh you use Dish! Excellent arent they nice:) Charlie gets a ca ching in the checking account:)

this income is how local OTA shopping channels make money

Charlie is wanting to save the HD space for better content, how does he put it? That word that he has for content that is good enough.

If these useless shopping channels are paying Dish for carriage and suppose to keep your bill low how come every February your rates go up? I think the shopping channels don't keep anything low. They just waste space with selling Jewelry and 24/7 Infomercial junk. The only shopping channels worth watching are HSN and QVC.

The rates would go up MORE if it weren't for the shopping channels.

Anyway, we disagree. I don't think HSN and QVC are worth watching, either! :p

If these useless shopping channels are paying Dish for carriage and suppose to keep your bill low how come every February your rates go up? ...

Really? You really don't get it? You really think that the bills that Dish has to pay, the employees they have to pay, the programming they have to pay for, the buildings and taxes they have to pay for, the new satellites they have to build, the R&D on new equipment they have to come up with... comes from just the jewelry channels? Really!?!?!? :rolleyes:

ALL of the channels on Dish should pay to be carried, then recoup the fees through advertisements, except for the premium networks. The current system is all backwards. After all, who is it that built the distribution system to get the programming out to viewers? If Dish or DirecTV or cable weren't there, how would these networks get viewers? They would have to build their own distribution system - just like in the good old days of broadcast TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts