OTHER a shot in the dark

TVHabit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Southwest Desert
To make a long (very long) story short, I'm trying to program a replacement receiver for my dead MicroHD.
I don't have a sat finder other than the dinky, little squaw box and I'm stuck. I was having no luck until I gave up for the day and put the ladder away, etc.
Anyway, when I came back in the house I saw I had a signal so I blind scanned and every darn channel is scrambled so I have no Idea where I'm located on the belt.
The dish is nearly in the middle of the scale on the motor so it's gotta be around 110 - 115?
The channels start at 8330 and end at 8338 but that's just the way they populated with some labeled 8320, 8321 and so on.
Can anyone tell me which sat I snagged? I live near Phoenix, AZ so any help would be greatly appreciated. I always do things the hard way!
And BTW, the MicroHD did a great job for a number of years - it just stopped moving the dish one day and stuck in-between sats.

To make a long (very long) story short, I'm trying to program a replacement receiver for my dead MicroHD.
I don't have a sat finder other than the dinky, little squaw box and I'm stuck. I was having no luck until I gave up for the day and put the ladder away, etc.
Anyway, when I came back in the house I saw I had a signal so I blind scanned and every darn channel is scrambled so I have no Idea where I'm located on the belt.
The dish is nearly in the middle of the scale on the motor so it's gotta be around 110 - 115?
The channels start at 8330 and end at 8338 but that's just the way they populated with some labeled 8320, 8321 and so on.
Can anyone tell me which sat I snagged? I live near Phoenix, AZ so any help would be greatly appreciated. I always do things the hard way!
And BTW, the MicroHD did a great job for a number of years - it just stopped moving the dish one day and stuck in-between sats.
Could you list the frequency, polarity and symbol rate of the transponder that you were able to scan in which has these channels?

That is DISH Network 110.
Also did you try a different power supply on the microHD?

If I scan 110 I get a bunch of 8000 channel numbers. I didn't look at the tp's he listed.

I just did a scan of 110w with a linear 10750 lnbf and got:

12632 V 19999
12632 H 19999
11775 V 4999
11785 V 5999

None match what was posted by OP but agree it looks like a DISH satellite. :)

KE4EST, I'm not finding anything close to those freqs on 110. TVHabit, you sure your LO is set correctly?
I am not sure about the settings of the lnb. It's been up there awhile and I just set it to something that worked, universal. As far as the power supply of the old micro - do you mean the plug in transformer? The unit still turns on but it is stuck between sats. So I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I bought a new cable: no change and a new h-h motor: no change and decided it must be the receiver and bought a cheap one just in case it was still another problem. But it booted right up and moved the motor. Having had dish years ago - I was pretty sure the channels were theirs just not sure. I've bought some equipment from some of the guys on this site and appreciate the follow up. But I guess I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Are you sure the LNB is a universal type and not a linear type?
Generally speaking:

Linear LO = 10750
Universal LO= 9750/10600

Why are you needing to re-locate the satellites? Were you using DiSEqC 1.2 instead of USALS?

I don't know what USALS is. I do know I started back at it this morning and somewhere way to the east, I found a sat with over 600 channels including some SKY channels in the clear but it's in Spanish. Just trying to find a few sats to watch like I had before. Does anyone know where this sat is? I've looked on Lyngsat but no luck yet. Pluggin' along!

If your receiver and your motor support USALS (most do), and you're not using it, you're doing things the hard way. You only need to find one satellite and it will find the rest on its own. And as long as your dish/motor mount doesn't change, the only thing you need to set up on a new receiver is your own location. See How To Install a USALS Motor - Condensed Version

I never saw any Sky channels in the U.S., scrambled or otherwise. I wish I knew what satellite you were on in the east.

Have you tried finding the satellite closest to your own longitude, if there is one? It would be the easiest to find because it would be almost directly south.

If your receiver and your motor support USALS (most do), and you're not using it, you're doing things the hard way. You only need to find one satellite and it will find the rest on its own. And as long as your dish/motor mount doesn't change, the only thing you need to set up on a new receiver is your own location. See How To Install a USALS Motor - Condensed Version

I never saw any Sky channels in the U.S., scrambled or otherwise. I wish I knew what satellite you were on in the east.

Have you tried finding the satellite closest to your own longitude, if there is one? It would be the easiest to find because it would be almost directly south.
I did find the sat with the Sky network - 78 w. I will try to use the usals. thanks much

OMG!!!
It worked! USALS worked - what a help. Thanks so much Jim. I owe you a beer - a BIG ONE!!!

Even though I'm in the east, I don't think 78W comes this far north, that's why it didn't ring any bells for me.

Glad you got your system working!

It was amazing to watch that many channels come in. They are 99 percent scrambled and the rest are like preview channels but just to watch it populate the guide was something! With this hobby - it's definitely the little victories that make it worthwhile. Thanks again!

Reactions: FTA4PA
I just did a scan of 110w with a linear 10750 lnbf and got:

12632 V 19999
12632 H 19999
11775 V 4999
11785 V 5999

None match what was posted by OP but agree it looks like a DISH satellite. :)
if i'm not mistaken, that sat has regional beams, so what the OP sees in AZ would be quite different from what we are seeing in other parts of the country

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)