Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lak7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2008
Near Chicago, Illinois
A simple "Thank You" for listening to me.

To save a few bucks, I let them talk me into upgrading to a DVR Package, that would save me $20 per month for a year.
What a disaster.
First unit was the newest "Black" model, never worked - HD Channels would break up constantly, or not tune at all. It's was Extremely Hot and Noisy too. Tried everything, new cable, cooling fans - no go.
Begged for an hour to just get a regular HD Box and forget about the DVR, but let them talk me into an different model DVR. After a couple weeks it too started to act up on HD Channels. Spent a hour on the phone with Tech Support "troubleshooting", but I can connect my other Plain HD Box and it works perfect.

So after 6 months of BS, they finally agreed to switch out the DVR to a Regular HD unit and we have been happy ever since.

After 10 years, I don't know why I had to go thru all that to be happy.

A simple "Thank You" for listening to me.

To save a few bucks, I let them talk me into upgrading to a DVR Package, that would save me $20 per month for a year.
What a disaster.
First unit was the newest "Black" model, never worked - HD Channels would break up constantly, or not tune at all. It's was Extremely Hot and Noisy too. Tried everything, new cable, cooling fans - no go.
Begged for an hour to just get a regular HD Box and forget about the DVR, but let them talk me into an different model DVR. After a couple weeks it too started to act up on HD Channels. Spent a hour on the phone with Tech Support "troubleshooting", but I can connect my other Plain HD Box and it works perfect.

So after 6 months of BS, they finally agreed to switch out the DVR to a Regular HD unit and we have been happy ever since.

After 10 years, I don't know why I had to go thru all that to be happy.

Interesting, they must have gotten a bad batch, normally it's no problem.
What HDDVR model did you get that you were having trouble with ?

Most times, once you go HD DVR you never go back. :)

I don't know the Models off hand, one was Black, and the other was silver.

We only recorded 1 thing, well my wife - the Royal Wedding coverage - we never watched any of it. LOL

I don't know the Models off hand, one was Black, and the other was silver.

We only recorded 1 thing, well my wife - the Royal Wedding coverage - we never watched any of it. LOL

Well, the Silver one was a HR20 .... Older version than what most are using now.

The Black one could have been a variety of models, HR21, 22, 23 or 24, all are black.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts