A Sirius radio for easily switched between car and home

iwannarock1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
Stern nation
I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius, and can switch my subscription 3 times before it's done. My first radio I had on it broke, so I'm looking for something I can buy and move between 2 cars and it would be great to be able to dock in my house and attach to my existing tuner.
The connection where my micro dot antenna connects to the radio broke, probably because I unhook it and hook it up frequently to each antenna when moving it back and forth between vehicles. I move it back and forth 1-2 times a week between cars.

So does anybody know of a radio where I can get separate docks for each car, and if I could get one that would somehow dock and connect to the tuner in my house would be a bonus, but not a deal breaker. I can use the internet radio in my house the way I have been, just have to have my laptop on to make it work.

I did attempt to get them to let me put the radio in my new Chevy as an additional radio to my sirius account, but my Chevy has an XM radio and they wanted $250 a year for me to get the package that has Howard Stern, and it's not worth that much.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Any of the "Multiple Location" models will work (Edge, Lynx and Onyx). Add a home dock to any of them.

It comes down to what features you need.

I did attempt to get them to let me put the radio in my new Chevy as an additional radio to my sirius account, but my Chevy has an XM radio and they wanted $250 a year for me to get the package that has Howard Stern, and it's not worth that much.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Really ?

I just talked with them a few weeks ago about doing the opposite.
I have 3 XM radios, 2 are permanent in vehicles, the third is portable.
I am getting a Ford soon (hopefully) which uses Sirius, I asked about turning off the main recvr on the account, (In my Impala) and turning on the Sirius in the Fusion in it's place and they never said anything about it costing $ 250, basically said it would be a swap price wise.
Essentially, I want 1 Sirius and 2 XM on the account active.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)