May be changing from XM to Sirius (not by choice)

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Ok, here's my situation ...

I have an '08 Impala with XM..
I use it every day (the XM and the car !)

I have the XM with BOS package.

I typically listen to Classic Vinyl and Classic Rewind, Bluesville (BB King Radio), the ESPN channels and the MLB package, and MLB Network and NASCAR the most.

Now on to the potential, I am looking at trading in my Impala for a Ford Fusion which has Sirius in it ...

Is there a Sirius BO XM that includes the MLB package ? and the other channels I've requested above, I know some of it will already be there, but listen to MBL Network and the MLB games regularly.

Is this possible for me to change cars to the other service and not lose these channels ?

I also have 2 other radios on the XM side that I would like to KEEP there, as they are XM, not Sirius radios, don't want to re invest in new radios.

Thanks guys for any ideas.

Sirius on the Fusion does NOT get the MLB games. You can get them ONLINE, but NOT in the car. (I have a '12 Fusion Hybrid).
Unless Sirius has renegotiated the contract for '13, I believe this will be true for '13 as well.

Sirius on the Fusion does NOT get the MLB games. You can get them ONLINE, but NOT in the car. (I have a '12 Fusion Hybrid).
Unless Sirius has renegotiated the contract for '13, I believe this will be true for '13 as well.

Well that sux ...

Man am I liking the 2013 ... actually still thinking about it, but looks great, rides nice, looking at the Titanium series, only because some of the stuff I would like on it, doesn't come in other packages.

Did you Buy or Lease ?

Seeing you've had yours for a bit, what kind of mileage do you get in and out of town ?
Most of my traveling now days is on highway to and from work ...

I bought mine, and have been averaging 32-33 around town, (combination city and highway driving between home and work).

Temp definitely seems to affect it (colder == worse).

I have looked in detail at the 12->13 differences. I did see some postings on the Sync Forum that they did some stupid things too.

I do love my car.

Last edited:
Yep games are online only.

I have Sirius select, with Sirius" Back seat tv" in my 2009 19 MPG around town 26 MPG max on my Florida trip. Dodge Grand Caravan :D.

Yes Sirius gets NFL Games they have had it all along XM the one that didn't have it until Sirius and XM merged :)

Yes Sirius gets NFL Games they have had it all along XM the one that didn't have it until Sirius and XM merged :)

However apparently, Sirius doesn't have the MLB package, I hate to give them up.

Any one ever get ahold of anyone from SiriusXM that doesn't pressure you to order new equipment each time you call in ?

NFL is "standard" with sirius..its "extra" with XM (best of Sirius or some such nonsense)

Correct, thats why I have (part of the reason anyways) the Best of Sirius (BOS).

I'm surprised they don't have a Best of XM that includes the MLB and MLB Network.

Wondering how confusing it's gonna be having 1 radio in the new car on Sirius and the other 2 radios on XM.

I think the reason Sirius side doesn't have MLB Games is due to contract stupidity. I don't know when the contract is up :(

I also (long time ago) had XM and have been wanting MLB games since I got it built in to my Ford's.

I think the reason Sirius side doesn't have MLB Games is due to contract stupidity. I don't know when the contract is up :(

I also (long time ago) had XM and have been wanting MLB games since I got it built in to my Ford's.

As a last resort, I could access the MLB games thru mu SiriusXM app on my phone that will be synced with the car and stream them from there, but thats getting desperate.

I swear Sirius has 1 office you call into and 1 person running it....

Every time I call them, I get the same girl that speaks somewhat broken English and I have a hard time deciphering what shes telling me .......

I was able to find out that the Sirius (if I buy my Fusion) will cost the same as the XM would that I would be turning off on the old car.

That said, $200 for the first radio and $130 for the 2nd and 3rd is ridiculous ...plus Royalty and taxes ...

They sent me a mailer letting me know that my sub is up in Jan, today.
Total bill for 3 radios and Internet is over $500 a year.

Now if I buy the Fusion, the first 6 months is Free, so that will help a little ....

My XM bill (annual) just went up $50 ..$10 a month to $14/month + increase in the "royalty fee" + taxes..haven't seen the itemized bill yet(not available)..but I suggest you login to your account..THEY CAN KISS MY BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.. I plan on dumping them soon

As a last resort, I could access the MLB games thru mu SiriusXM app on my phone that will be synced with the car and stream them from there, but thats getting desperate.

Actually, wouldn't call that a bad thing! I have my phone Sync'd in my F-150 and Explorer. It works great. No full price XM, just pay for internet radio and I get all the channels.

Actually, wouldn't call that a bad thing! I have my phone Sync'd in my F-150 and Explorer. It works great. No full price XM, just pay for internet radio and I get all the channels.

However, I have 2 other vehicles with XM Radios in them.
Therefore, I still need the XM package as well. :(