Question about sports on XM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kb2vgp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Oneida County, NY
Awaiting an XM Onyx radio for Christmas and I'm looking at subscriptions. I'm interested in Mets baseball, but can you actually receive live games on satellite radio (not the online version). Im not interested in a recap or anything else other than the actual games. Also, what is the best way to get the best deal on a new subscription? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Awaiting an XM Onyx radio for Christmas and I'm looking at subscriptions. I'm interested in Mets baseball, but can you actually receive live games on satellite radio (not the online version). Im not interested in a recap or anything else other than the actual games. Also, what is the best way to get the best deal on a new subscription? Thanks!

Yes,
The XM side of things carries Live Baseball games in the 175-189 range.
If your getting XM radio, you'll be getting the XM package and you have the option to add the Best Of Sirius (BOS) as well.

Unfortunately, if you have Sirius radio, you can get the BOXM, but it doesn't include baseball games( part of the contract I guess.)

It is crazy XM can get the NFL but Sirius can't get baseball games is ridiculous and SiriusXM should re-negotiate the contract to get Baseball games on Sirius like they did with the NFL on XM when they joined together :)

It is crazy XM can get the NFL but Sirius can't get baseball games is ridiculous and SiriusXM should re-negotiate the contract to get Baseball games on Sirius like they did with the NFL on XM when they joined together :)

I would imagine they may do that, but probably not till the contract is ready to renew, thus also allowing them to CHARGE MORE as well.

I think if you have Sirius hardware and get BOXM + Online listening you get MLB via online listening

Sent from my LG Thrill 4G(unlocked) using StraightTalk/T-Mobile

You can get the Online streaming or use on the Siriusxm App for the games regardless as long as you pay for the the Online feature.

Ok thanks for the info. I'll take that into consideration when choosing a package. I will be getting an XM radio, not a Sirius radio. So do they retransmit WFAN for Mets games? Thanks!!

Ok thanks for the info. I'll take that into consideration when choosing a package. I will be getting an XM radio, not a Sirius radio. So do they retransmit WFAN for Mets games? Thanks!!

Yes sort of on the online listening they give you access to all feeds on the actual hardware you only get the home feed unless its a nationally broadcast game. Like in the playoffs/ws both feeds will be available via the sats + the ESPN radio broadcast. I think its that way for the Sunday night game too.

Last edited:

XM packages handle the MLB Package, so Yes the Mets would be on it as well.

I personally haven't listened to the Mets, but I don't see why they would be omitted.

Yes sort of on the online listening they give you access to all feeds on the actual hardware you only get the home feed unless its a nationally broadcast game.

Yes, unfortunately, they don't offer you both feeds on the radio itself.

kb2vgp,
http://www.siriusxm.com/newyorkmets

Obviously there are no games listed at the moment ... but heres a link from XM's website, and it shows the Mets listing, so I would say Yes they are included.

As T.N.T. mentioned, it's Home feed only, at least so far, unless you use the Internet feeds.

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like the MLB.TV package. I'll probably get a package that will include the sports. I know that baseball season is 4 months away, but I plan on doing a one year subscription. I'm not interested in the Internet part of the subscription since I really don't need it at home or on my iPhone.

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like the MLB.TV package. I'll probably get a package that will include the sports. I know that baseball season is 4 months away, but I plan on doing a one year subscription. I'm not interested in the Internet part of the subscription since I really don't need it at home or on my iPhone.

Well, not saying you should not get SXM. But there is the MLB At Bat app 15 dollars for the year and you get all radio feeds all season. Just an option. FYI

The Sports is part of the basic package on XM.

So can the Lynx Radio I believe but someone who has the Lynx may help better like Scott and a few others :)

Here's an interesting tidbit I noticed. When listening to the NBA NHL and NFL channels and there is no game on you get the Siriusxm preview channel. It's the Sirius hardware feed because the channel numbers it is giving out are for Sirius. Even though the NHL and NBA channels originate from XM you still get the feed from Sirius. MLB channels simulcast MLB network radio.

Sent from my LG Thrill 4G(unlocked) using StraightTalk

I have to say also, if you are a sports fan Siriusxm really does have it all. Hopefully they fully mesh the two services together very soon so Sirius hardware can have the MLB games too, but other than that it is quite good. The music channels aren't what they once were but there is still a decent selection. That is coming from someone who has had both services at one time or another since 2003.

Sent from my LG Thrill 4G(unlocked) using StraightTalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts