A special thanks from your friendly FTA moderator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I guess I hadnt noticed until a couple people said it that I was coming up on 30,000 posts. Seriously post count means nothing to me(I know some people want their post count up so they just spam the forums). I just like to help out people. So now it got me thinking what kind of post it would be.

I just wanted to say Thank You to all the members of our little Free to air area. (some of you have heard the story before but some haven't)....When I got free to air in late 03 I got it for the radio stations on Expressvu (that were in the clear at the time). I had so many issues with getting it set up because the receiver was a goofy thing (Vicast 2000...its in the review area). Sadly there really weren't any free to air sites out there and the satellite sites pretty much had a general area for anything not Dish/Direct. So I was pretty much on my own.

Then I got a 30" dish and that opened a HUGE area that I had never heard of. I had known about live feeds and stuff but thought it was for big dish. So I was happy to get a couple hockey games for free. But again, if we had issues there were no FTA sites. Just the "general/non dbs area" of sites (this one included).

Then Scott took a chance and created the FTA area and took even a bigger chance on making me a mod. I remember this is when stealing was just starting out with the FTA boxes and Pansat was the big name. He was going to ban Pansat posts in general. I convinced him to let the Pansat posts stay (I had a Pansat 1500 that I paid almost 200 bucks for). He asked me to be a mod and the rest as we say is history. I feel we have built this into the best FTA site out there (I do not consider any of those illegal ones FTA sites) :)

So first I want to thank Scott for creating the FTA area and taking a chance on a goofball that had very little knowledge of FTA but wanted to learn.

I also want to thank all the people who have helped me learn immenselly about the subject of free to air. Again I didnt know much but there have been some veterans who have had systems for years and helped out with the simple questions that I had. That's why I refuse to shun someone who has what we feel is simple question but it may not be to them. We were all newbies once.

When I wanted to get into C-band I had very little knowledge of it. So when I ventured into the C-Band area it was nice to see the C-Banders help out the "new guy" with the questions. I know I have asked some stupid questions about it but they helped out. So I want to thank them for teaching me how C_Band works and how to set up a dish..maybe some day I'll actually motorize one :)

I also want to thank all the new FTA folks that have hung around after getting their system working to help out with answering questions that others may have. I've seen on other boards people get set up and then you don't hear from them again. That's not like it here. There have been people who 6 months ago had no clue what FTA was but they are not veterans and have helped out greatly. Some of them have even come up with home brew projects and setups I would have NEVER dreamed about doing even a year ago.

I guess you could say we're kinda like a family here :)

So that's all. I just wanted to say a heartily "THANK YOU" to all the FTA folks that have made this place awesome and the best (IMO) FTA site on the net. We have more posts here in a day than some sites have in 2 months :)

Congrats Berg,

You do a great job, your are not the FTA moderator here, you are our entire Free To Air sections.

Congrats on 30,000. :D

happy 30th !

Gee, if I'd know it was gonna be a party, I'd've brought you a gift! - :rolleyes:

Happy 30k. Lots of interesting projects, and lots of good help to all.
I used to appreciate Iceberg for his help in the Dish Network section.
Later, I enjoyed his clear explanations and fine hardware reviews in the FTA department.

Join with me when I hoist my glass to the next 30k, but let's not wait that long to party again.
I think at 50k, someone should set up the Iceberg with a gold pocket watch...
... or whatever is appropriate in this instance...
I'll leave the details to your imagination. - :eek:

Thanks again for paving the road with knowledge. - :up

For posterity's sake, I have screen-shot your 30,000th post!

Attachments

• berg-30000.png
    berg-30000.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 217
Thanks to Iceberg (and Scott) for the best damn FTA site on the web! :up

At 50,000 we'll get you a gold LNB. :D

Atta boy Tony :clap
Just wanted to say congrats on the 30k and ALL the help you've gave me to get me goin!

Congratulations Iceberg!

And thank you for all the help you have given me over the last year and a half.

I will look forward to reading your next 30,000 posts with great anticipation.

Yes we have a family here, and it is growing by leaps and bounds every day. I have met and made some wonderful friends here, and you are one of them.

Congrats Iceberg

I am really impressed by the good knowledge you have acquired over the years and the amount of help you offer to people on this forum. You are a generous person indeed and deserve our appreciation and respect.

Keep up the good work.

To the man that made "NO MORE HACK TALK" a household slogan! Thanks so much Tony!!! Thank you and Scott for truly making this forum a family! Thanks,Mike

Let me add my Congrats also. But most of all, let me say thanks as it was your effort in making the FTA section a reality and your posts (among others) that got me so interested in FTA as a hobby.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)