A special thanks from your friendly FTA moderator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
At 50,000 we'll get you a gold LNB. :D

Maybe gold plated, have you seen the price of gold lately.

Anyways, thank you "Iceberg" for the quick and helpfull replys. As well as the sometimes humourous posts. Sometimes I think you must be reading them as they are being typed in to reply so quick.

Last edited:
Congrats Iceberg, for all the times you've helped us all. I doubt I would've figured out how all this equipment works without this great site. I remember searching the web trying to find out how to connect lnbs and things for my first dvb rec, and I couldn't find squat. ( I could find people talking about hooking up "DP-Twins" but i was so green then I had no idea why people wanted to mix DN equipment with fta)
You put in a lot of persoal time helping us all out, so

:DBIG THANKS!

I've only been an fta'er for about a year. I have a simple one receiver system in my garage. Before I bought it, I joined this site and started reading and reading and reading. I saw then & continue to see, how Iceberg truly cares about helping anyone who needs help with their system. I have benefitted from his posts so many times and am amazed that he has so much knowledge about all the gear that's out there. I don't post often, but I'm on the site daily & am still reading and learning. Ice, you're a good man. Thanks!

30,000 posts! At the rate I'm going, that would take me over 100 years to do!

Congrats, Iceberg! This site would be nowhere near as excellent as it is without your contribution, whether in helpful advice, encouragement, patience, or in humour. I think it is a tribute to you that so many of us do remain here and try to help out others after we become "veterans".

And if I'd known this was going to be a testimonial to Iceberg, I'd have worn better clothes!

It was mainly Iceberg's posts that got me hooked back in 2005. And what a year for FTA scanning with all the hurricanes!

Congrats on the 30,000 posts! (Hey, I'm almost to 1.5% of that!). It was a lot of help having a Minnesotan in the crowd when trying to point that bugger the first time.

Here's to 30,000 more!

Congrats on 30k....you dirty spammer. :p

Hopefully most of your next 30k won't be just "No More Hack Talk".

Congrats Iceberg, or Tony if I can call you that. You've helped me from a guy searching lyngsat to see what was out there and not having a clue to having a motorized system in only a few months. Keep up the good work!

Thanks guys for the kind comments :)

It was mainly Iceberg's posts that got me hooked back in 2005. And what a year for FTA scanning with all the hurricanes!

yeah that year was unbelievable. My blind scan boxes got a major workout during Katrina

GAS at RTN must have been reading these posts because tonights Hawaii Five-O is a 30,000 theme with the episode, 30,000 Rooms and I Have the Key. Coincidence, I think not....

Congratulations, Iceberg, on being the captain of a truly essential resource for the true FTAer, the FTA section of Satelliteguys.us! Your devotion to this site and to the FTA community is enormous, as is your contribution to the hobby. Here's to 30k more, and good luck with all of your future FTA endeavors!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)