A Streaming service dedicated to diginets

With the advent of of services like Dish that keeps adding more diginets to its' roster; why hasn't there been a streaming service that offers all or at least most of the available diginets for a small cost? I get some OTA here, but many are missing. That is one reason I stay with Dish. One I would love to have is Decades (once again). The CBS station KOIN Portland had it and then dropped it for Bounce. Portland has several duplicates with diginets too, which I do not understand. Two stations carry Bounce as well as TBD. I am surprised the owners of these would license two stations in the same market to carry the same channel. I would think the cost per diginet would not be much for a streaming service.. Philo I would think would be a good candidate. If there would be any rules regarding carrying a diginet in a market with it available OTA, it could be blocked. Dish does that with METV, if your locals carried by Dish offers the channel, not if you can get it OTA though. But if Dish can carry a big chunk of diginets, why not a streaming service?
Local BTV is similar to Locast, they stream local diginets in the handful of cities where they have service. (LocalBTV - Free Local TV)

Which is illegal to use. Locast is not authorized to offer local channels in markets they do not serve. Using a VPN to circumvent that is a good way for Locast to get shutdown by not policing their service areas.
It is not "Illegal". People use that term, when anything is not authorized. In really, by using a VPN for that reason, you break licensing or copyright rules.

Reactions: dishdude
I would sometimes use LocalBTV as a backup to Locast and Stremium; in my area, it does carry KDOC (the Anaheim-based UHF indie), Cozi, Antenna TV, ABC Localish, GetTV, a couple of our locals PBSes (KCET and KLCS, and some of their subchannels), the TBN networks, and a bunch of Spanish and Asian networks. It's odd that they don't have KOCE's main channel, but it carries PBS SoCal 2 (essentially a "best of" channel of KOCE/KCET/PBS programming).

Streaming services are for millennials, not the old farts who watch shows from the 60's and 70's for the 100th time....LOL & jk
I'm 57 and stream everything on all my TV's; the 2 in the kids' rooms and mine and the TV in the living room. I do it the way we don't talk about on here and am quite happy not to mention very knowledgeable about how it all works and to make it work at optimum performance

Streaming services are for millennials, not the old farts who watch shows from the 60's and 70's for the 100th time....LOL & jk

I am not a "millennial," and yet I have two streaming devices (Fire TV Stick and Roku) and subscribe to two streaming services (AT&T Watch TV and Frindly). So there goes your theory down the drain,

Last edited by a moderator:

Boy are you out of touch! I’m 77 and have AppleTV, Roku, FireTV Cube, Chromecast with Google TV and DirecTV Stream‘s boxes. I sub to a slew of on demand services.

weird old man GIF

Boy are you out of touch! I’m 77 and have AppleTV, Roku, FireTV Cube, Chromecast with Google TV and DirecTV Stream‘s boxes. I sub to a slew of on demand services.

Reactions: lparsons21
I am not a "millennial," and yet I have two streaming devices (Fire TV Stick and Roku) and subscribe to two streaming services (AT&T Watch TV and Frindly). So there goes your theory down the drain,

Hence the jk, but you guys are to old to know what that means...lol and jk.

edit,,,btw jk means just kiddin' oh and btw is by the way...lol

For those with a Roku player look for Free2view tv or F2V tv in the channel store, it has live feeds of a lot of diginets, Cozi, MeTV Decades, Start, Laff, Heroes and Icons, Grit, Movies, Buzzr, Charge, Comet, Ion Plus, fetv, Ace,Folk, Grio, the Action Channel, This tv,And Retro TV just to name a few. It says it is legal and free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)