NewsOn commercials

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gittist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
When I first started using this channel on ROKU, it was pretty good. You could watch local news broadcasts from around the county. For the Portland Maine channel There would be the same three hokey commercials at the start of the news and maybe the same three sprinkled though out the broadcast but even still It was pretty good.

It's been about two months since I watched NewsOn and now that channel is showing "ad 1 of 1, "your program will begin shortly" ad 1 of 5....", "we'll be back shortly' only to be followed with the loop over and over.

I can't even break out of the loop to change the stations! What's up? Is anyone else seeing similar?

I ran into the same thing the last time I tried using NewsOn. I was looking for a Miami station to watch during hurricane Irma. Eventually found a station in Tampa Bay that was streaming its coverage and watched that all weekend.

If you like news, you may want to check out the Lifestream Roku channel. It's not as user friendly as NewsOn but they don't insert commercials. To find stations I go to their website, check out the account map and then enter the station's call letters in the Account Search box on the Lifestream app. Works for me.

Bronx

Reactions: navychop
If this is NewsOn normal now, it’s now a useless app to me. I’ve enjoyed the app very much in the past.Unless tonight was a fluke, the app is now worse than ever..

I spent twenty minutes trying to watch news but in that twenty minutes I think I got one minute of news, five minutes of local ads, and the rest of the time the same ad over and over for a Jumanji board game!

What’s even worse is that I’d mute the Jumanji ad and when the news came back and I un-muted the TV the Jumanji ad played again!! I muted the ad about three times in a row with the same result.

I don’t know whether this is germane but I had the SamsungTV volume to zero and was using the sound bar.

Is there an anti-mute-the-ad technology out there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)