A Stupid Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PJJAnthony

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
I am thinking of getting Dish Network. I've never had satellite before. I will need 2 TVs in separate rooms hooked up. From what I understand, I will get 1 receiver to hook up the 2 TVs.

If the receiver is hooked up to a TV in Room 1, do you have to be in room 1 to change the channel in room 2? Or is there a box that would go on TV 2 to change channels?

I also have Tivo. If the Tivo is hooked up to the receiver in Room 1, can I watch my recorded Tivo shows in Room 2?

PJ

PJJAnthony said:
If the receiver is hooked up to a TV in Room 1, do you have to be in room 1 to change the channel in room 2? Or is there a box that would go on TV 2 to change channels?

welcome :wave

If you get a dual tuner, the remote for room 2 is UHF, which you can control throughout the house
TV1 is IR which is line of sight to the receiver :)

The Tivo will work in whatever room you hook it up in.

Dish does have a dual tuner DVR which will work in both rooms, the 625.

This is something I wasnt aware of... I was considering getting a 522 and putting it in a closet and running it through the house for 2 channels of satellite...

Iceberg said:
If you get a dual tuner, the remote for room 2 is UHF, which you can control throughout the house
TV1 is IR which is line of sight to the receiver :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts