A thread for subs to request the 3D Olympic channel for DIRT

I would like the Olympics in 3D as well. (I have two Samsung 3DTVs in the house connected to my Hopper/Joey setup.)

I have stuck with Dish over many years because they are an industry leader. Scheduled for 2 Hopper 4 Joey install upgrade Friday. I would love to have Olympics in 3D. Almost switched to Direct because of 3D.

[WIKI][/WIKI]
Agreed. When I came on board with Dish, they were an innovator. Not so much now.

I very much want to see the Olympics in 3D.

Just because Dish decided not to carry 3D channels it no longer makes them an innovator? I'm not sure I agree with that.

I will say that I would like to see what the olympics would look like in 3D though.

I have two big screen 3D sets and two Hoppers, please add the 3D channel. Would love to watch the opening ceremony in 3D.

I sent an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com, put a note on Dish's Facebook page, and e-mailed the addresses found in this press release. I got a phone call from Dish saying that it isn't going to happen because they don't have the bandwidth for it. Lame excuse, but it's an excuse anyway.

It ain't happenin' folks. :(
AMCHD Bandwidth... ;)

So who is the innovative company at the moment? I don't think carrying a couple 3D channels makes you innovative.
Irrelavent to this thread. Let's try and keep the posts limited to letting Dish know how many people on these forums would like to see, or would have liked to have seen, the Olympics in 3D as provided by NBC.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dish have the Olympics in 3D just to see how it looks and what customer's responses are. Unless it is a ton of work for Dish I'm not sure why they don't just try it for the Olympics.

I voiced my displeasure over their no 3D Olympics decision on their website feedback form. I got an email back, apologizing.

The bottom line is, if they get enough people complaining, they will step up to the 3D plate, instead of sitting on the bench. We've got two more weeks of Olympics. They could conceivably pull it off. It definitely could not hurt to keep posting and contacting them.

I voiced my displeasure over their no 3D Olympics decision on their website feedback form. I got an email back, apologizing.

The bottom line is, if they get enough people complaining, they will step up to the 3D plate, instead of sitting on the bench. We've got two more weeks of Olympics. They could conceivably pull it off. It definitely could not hurt to keep posting and contacting them.
That's the kind of can-do spirit I like to see.

BTW, I haven't seen any DIRT presence on this thread acknowledging all of these requests. So, as Michael suggests, it is probably a good idea to contact them directly thru PM, and let them know of your request. If they follow normal procedure, they will forward each request to the appropriate party at Dish.

BTW, I haven't seen any DIRT presence on this thread acknowledging all of these requests.

29 requests by my count, 28 who would actually watch, 27 if it costs anything to do it.

Last edited:
Programming is not really DIRT's thing, they have view this thread though and hopefully passed the requests through...
as for the numbers speaking for themselves, again take that to another thread and stop trying to sneak the anti 3D agenda in it.

I respectfully feel if comments are going to be made in this thread then we should have the right to respond. The post I responded to was a commentary, not simply a post asking for 3D. When you say no one responded to ALL these posts, I don't think it is flaming to point out there are only 28 requests. This whole thing of a thread no one can respond to hits me the wrong way, being one of the earliest subscribers here I don't remember not being allowed to post as long as it didn't use profanity, or at least used actual facts to refute. Many of us considered a thread where you could only post that you did not want 3D, but felt that was not the spirit of the forum.
If this thread was simply people requesting 3D I would see the point, and would respect it, there are other threads for the commentary. I did delete the end to try and be cooperative.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)