A thread for subs to request the 3D Olympic channel for DIRT

As much as I'd like to see the Olympics in 3D, let's start with adding more HD networks. As much as DISH has in HD, there's still quite a few they've missed that we'd all like to see in HD. Then select PPV movies in 3D. Then possibly ESPN in 3D. One step at a time.
FYI - The Olympics is only a few weeks long, and only happens every two years (Summer and Winter.). I'm just sayin'.

I am no fan of 3D but it looks like Dish was chicken s**t on this one.

Not a smart move at all, if it was provided free and they deliberately shunned it.

If i can recall from a retailer chat many moons ago only the 922 has the ability to give 3D out put. Any one care to digg for it it was just after DTV went 3D live.

At this point I think it's every ViP DVR except the 622 plus the Hoppa have the capability of native 3D, meaning it's sent over HDMI as a "3D" program in the same way as a 3D Blu-Ray player. Any HD receiver, if it can display the side-by-side or top-and-bottom image on the screen without modification, is compatible because most, if not all, 3DTVs have a mode that will make it work. Heck, I can view side-by-side 3D youtube videos from my AppleTV if I press the correct buttons on the TV remote.

At this point my attitude is F-word them. As soon as I figure out what to replace Dish with and an alternative source for the stuff I have archived, I'm gone.

rocket69 said:
If i can recall from a retailer chat many moons ago only the 922 has the ability to give 3D out put. Any one care to digg for it it was just after DTV went 3D live.

Not true. I use to watch the 3D demo channel (which was only available to receivers in engineering mode) on my 722k.

When ever Dish has publicly shown 3D such as places like CES and team summit they always used a 722.

I have been told that all the VIP DVRs do support 3d now. (Live 3d and recorded 3d)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

FYI - The Olympics is only a few weeks long, and only happens every two years (Summer and Winter.). I'm just sayin'.

AGREE 100%. They really let us down on this one. I went to a friends house that has Comcast and a 3d projector. All I can say is WOW!!!!
To bad Dish doesn't think we need such garbage!

I have no interest in 3D TV, but without question Dish should have carried the Olympics in 3D for those who are interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)