Please reply by conversation.

BKP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Vacationland, USA
Anyone using these in their system..

Any opinions..

Are they worth trying.. I only need the signal to travel about 5'.. Just trying to get rid of cables and keep all my video equipment in one area but, not on my TV stand that gets moved around my room..

Thanks, Brent

Not sure if you have cable or OTA.
Here's how I do things with OTA:

I have a typical OTA antenna setup at the house. So, I use transmitting antennas on the roof near the OTA antenna for my modulators. I'm actually using a Blonder Tongue amplifier to boost the signal of my Coolsat's output on channel 3 for the entire house.

Now mind this, my OTA antenna feeds the whole house. So, anytime anyone wants to watch something off the FTA box, I fire up the Blonder Tongue, and we all watch FTA on channel 3.

I want to get one of those multiplexing modulators that have multiple channels so I can modulate other items into one UHF yagi. FTA, Computer output (Twinhan), and maybe a security cam.

Now, if you have cable, good luck!! :)

Not sure if you have cable or OTA.
Here's how I do things with OTA:

I have a typical OTA antenna setup at the house. So, I use transmitting antennas on the roof near the OTA antenna for my modulators. I'm actually using a Blonder Tongue amplifier to boost the signal of my Coolsat's output on channel 3 for the entire house.

Now mind this, my OTA antenna feeds the whole house. So, anytime anyone wants to watch something off the FTA box, I fire up the Blonder Tongue, and we all watch FTA on channel 3.

I want to get one of those multiplexing modulators that have multiple channels so I can modulate other items into one UHF yagi. FTA, Computer output (Twinhan), and maybe a security cam.

Now, if you have cable, good luck!! :)

transmitting antennas that sounds cool.. My sister's son in law just ran me all new RG6 quad cable for my OTA this last weekend so I'm all set there..

What is this Blonder Tongue amplifier..

No cable.. Just OTA right now and C-Band soon with Ku following..

Hello Techno935,

Did you know that it's aganst the FCC rule to transment on VHF channel 3 wireless unless you have a FCC licences!?:eek:

You would be better off using part 15 transmitters on 900 MHz or 2.4 GHz and not get busted by the FCC!

It's okay to send channel 3 via cable wire, BUT NOT the transmitting to the outdoor antenna?

And using the pre amplifier is big no no!!! Your signal may interfering to other radio users meaning that you are splattering or spilling over.

Pre amplifer is for pulling in weak signals receving end, not boosting the transmitter power!

Not worth getting a $10,000.00 FCC fines!

Just wanted to let you know so you don't get in the trouble with FCC!:(

I'm using a 2.4 ghz transmitter/receiver to send a signal from a satellite receiver in the back bedroom to the TV set in my living room, about 35 feet. The only time there is a loss of picture quality is when walking directly in front of the transmitter or receiver. Otherwise, good picture. Been using it for a couple years without problems.

Hello Techno935,

Did you know that it's aganst the FCC rule to transment on VHF channel 3 wireless unless you have a FCC licences!?:eek:

Only a ham would complain. Dude, it only goes a few feet. It's not massive power. Calm down.

Second of all, I used to run a 300 watt pirate radio station at night with no problems. I never interfered with other stations, I used harmonic filters, and I never overmodulated.

Plus, running at night is safe cause no field agents are driving around at that hour!!

I'm using a 2.4 ghz transmitter/receiver to send a signal from a satellite receiver in the back bedroom to the TV set in my living room, about 35 feet. The only time there is a loss of picture quality is when walking directly in front of the transmitter or receiver. Otherwise, good picture. Been using it for a couple years without problems.
I have used those in the past, but when I reconnected one recently, I discovered that it interferes with Wifi wireless, which also uses 2.4 ghz.
So, if you use Wifi, then you should look for a 900 mhz transmitter/receiver pair.

I'm using a ChannelPlus 5545 on internal wire and I love it. I have the DVD, VCR, BUD and DVB connected to the 4 inputs, and use channels 65, 70, 75, 80 as the outputs. It's frequency-agile so you can put the channels anywhere you want them. Easier for me to pull wire, and I'm using 2.4 GHz for computer network, and 900 MHz for cordless phones.

I use a regular 75-ohm splitter "backwards" (3db insertion loss, but -75db between my signal and the outside world) signal goes out to 6 TVs, anybody can watch any device independent of any other.

It keeps the kids happy. The TV in the living room watches the "line in" for quality, but when I want to watch the end of the late-late show in the bedroom, it's on ch 65 anytime. No AC-3, but the 15" TV in our room is mono anyhow...

hd

These work great !

WWW.X10.COM and search for wireless a/v extender

I have used these for about a month now. They also transmit the remote signal to the source. I use them on a FTA receiver and send signal to TV in sun room about 75 feet away. We also use two laptops in the sunroom on wireless internet. No problem. Microwave is in the path and it causes a bar and buzzing while microwave is cooking, but other than that, they are great. 4 or 5 channels if they interfere with your wifi you can switch channels on the a/v sender or on your wifi.

zippys

Viewsat Ultra
39" dish with single lnb
42" plasma with ilo dvd ro5 recorder
rca hdtv conversion dvd player hdmi
Planning on motorizing dish soon

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)