Please reply by conversation.

T134

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 27, 2011
Minnesota
No, its not the Glen donkeyluv video. :D

On Satellite Nation last week Scott requested a video of the new XBMC Android satellite receiver doing FTA & Netflix. Here it is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video Joe! This looks like the ALL IN ONE box that people like ME have been waiting for. :D

Do you know if the audio on Netflix is just stereo or can it output 5.1? That was one of the things the old Google TV could do so I am thinking it might be possible.

Very exciting looking box Joe! Let me know when you need my credit card number. :D :D

Good question. I think 5.1 with Netflix is a matter of the App rather than the box since the box supports it. I just checked the version that is on there, audio options are English or Spanish. It is an older Netflix App that I have on the drive for bulk loading with a bunch of other APK's for testing. When I load the latest ROM on here I'll update the Netflix and see if the latest version supports audio modes.

Hmm being Android, could this work with 4:2:2 content? The GPU may not be capable but it might be able to do SD with its CPU.

Yes, already made it do 4:2:2 SD flawlessly using ffmpeg. The engineers have our CBS 4:2:2 HD TS so they can figure out making the GPU run it or a better codec. Have a listen to the last 2 weeks of Satellite Nation, we discussed 4:2:2 on this box in some detail.

Get me a box that does FTA, OTA, Netflix, Hulu and has FTA/OTA DVR capabilities and am buying too.
Step in the right direction though IMO

Yes, already made it do 4:2:2 SD flawlessly using ffmpeg. The engineers have our CBS 4:2:2 HD TS so they can figure out making the GPU run it or a better codec. Have a listen to the last 2 weeks of Satellite Nation, we discussed 4:2:2 on this box in some detail.
Had no idea about this show, listening to the most recent.

Great video Joe! This looks like the ALL IN ONE box that people like ME have been waiting for. :D

Do you know if the audio on Netflix is just stereo or can it output 5.1?

Good question. I think 5.1 with Netflix is a matter of the App rather than the box since the box supports it. I just checked the version that is on there, audio options are English or Spanish. It is an older Netflix App that I have on the drive for bulk loading with a bunch of other APK's for testing. When I load the latest ROM on here I'll update the Netflix and see if the latest version supports audio modes.

I couldn't keep my fingers off the thing tonight. Upgraded the Netflix to the latest. Actually much nicer and works smoother than the older one I was using. Unfortunately there still is no stereo/5.1 options or switches in there. Looks like Netflix is not supporting 5.1 on Android, at least not at this time. I guess since virtually all the market for Android is tablets and phones they probably don't see the need.

Just to compare I fired up the Netflix App on X360. It does show stereo/5.1 options when watching House of Cards.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)