a vip622, Cincinnati and Local HD - I smell a comedy

Hall, I have a 622. This is the way it's been since day one of the sub-channel guide data. Before that none of the Dayton channels had guide data. What is SUPPOSED to happen is you get the guide info for YOUR locals only.

Palacios, as long as you receive the channel via satellite, you get the guide info. OTA channels are a little different.

See ya
Tony

Hmmm.. everyone I know in Dayton that has an antenna hooked up to a 622 and has added the Cincy stations OTA to their box gets guide data. I'm not sure why you wouldn't.

I'm completely lost now.... Okay, you said
I get channels 2.1, 2.2, 7.1, 7.2, 16.2, 16.3, 16.4, 16.5 16.6, 45.1 and 45.2 from Dayton and 43.1 though 43.5 from Richmond. None have guide data with the exeption of 45.2. I get guide Data for all the Cincy market stations.
I think something is wrong on your end. All indications are that you should be getting guide data for the Dayton stations too (let's leave 43, WKOI, out of this for now). Now, "should" is based on, as MLB says, what others are getting, either from Dayton, Cincy, or other markets. In cases where people live close enough to pick up via OTA another market's channels, the receiver seems not to care what market you "pay" for. JayPSU, over in Columbus, "moved" to Pittsburgh or Philly and was getting SD guide data for the PA stations and guide data for the digital stations we was picking up from his antenna for Columbus.