AMIKO A3 unable to record Weigel content on 101

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
Anything I try to record from any of the Weigel channels on 101 using my A3 has severe issues that render the recording unusable.

I can watch MeTV without issue. Including the MeTV2 as well. Both of these channels look fine when simply viewed in real time.

When I try to watch Movies! or the new Hero’s and Icons channel the video is playing at what appears to be an incorrect frame rate. It appears to be playing back as something like 18-20 frames per second which makes it look like you’re watching playing from a convenience store security video. Motion is jerky and not fluid. You can really tell it when there’s something like smoke which is a very fluid motion in real life.
It’s barely tolerable but it can be watched if you’re really desperate. Personally I would rather not, I find it annoying. Others may not notice or be bothered by it. YMMV...

When I try to record any of the four Weigel channels on 101 they are completely unusable, unwatchable rubbish.

The video breaks up and pixelates badly. Then it will suddenly ‘rewind’ a few seconds, pixelate, freeze, then ‘fast forward’ itself, break up some more, freeze, etc... The audio becomes extremely out of sync.

Recordings are not usable.

I am not the only person to have experienced this problem, it’s been confirmed by others.

Can someone somehow forward this information to the Amiko folks? I’m not very good at relating the technical details and I’m not comfortable posting to the Fridge site.

I have a bad feeling that this is a problem that may not ever get fixed. Which would suck because the only stuff on FTA I really care to record is Weigel stuff and Luken.

If I could, I would be recording a lot of stuff from MeTV, Movies! and maybe some stuff from the new channel. As it is now, I can record nothing at all from them.

It was forwarded to them a couple weeks ago at the Fridge, along with full transponder recordings so they can figure it out.

That's the home site, and he hardly ever checks in over here since he's so busy, so you need to create an account and post over there also as you find bugs.

Thanks.. :)

I looked around over there but I’m not real comfortable with the general atmosphere.
No disrespect to anyone but it’s 100% man land over there.
There are a few other small things that put me off but I’ll just leave be and live with things as they are.
I did make an account there so I can download updates but I would rather just not participate over there otherwise.

Thanks.. :)

I looked around over there but I’m not real comfortable with the general atmosphere.
No disrespect to anyone but it’s 100% man land over there.
There are a few other small things that put me off but I’ll just leave be and live with things as they are.
I did make an account there so I can download updates but I would rather just not participate over there otherwise.

I agree, but you could just post any issues straight-forward and then get outta Dodge. Just don't do the drama over there as they won't stand for even a little bit of it.

Moderators, please delete this entire thread.

I don’t want to offend anyone or make anyone angry at me, I’m already on thin ice as it is. I wasn’t thinking things through before I posted. I regret starting this thread and expressing my thoughts.

I don’t want to cut the lifeline to the only support for this expensive little gadget that I’ve invested so heavily in.

Thanks.

Dee Ann,

This post is 80% valid and you shouldn't need to worry about offending anyone here, but there is no need for the drama of guessing or having a "bad feeling" about support. Nowhere near that point as the product isn't even in large scale production yet! Most issues have already been addressed with the ROM updates. I am sure the playback on these few channels will be resolved soon.

This has been one of the smoothest receiver product releases in recent history! :D I wish all receivers were this trouble free.

If there is a problem found, we need to replicate and report. The only way stuff gets addressed and a better mousetrap is built!

Dee Ann,

This post is 80% valid and you shouldn't need to worry about offending anyone here, but there is no need for the drama of guessing or having a "bad feeling" about support. Nowhere near that point as the product isn't even in large scale production yet! Most issues have already been addressed with the ROM updates. I am sure the playback on these few channels will be resolved soon.

This has been one of the smoothest receiver product releases in recent history! :D I wish all receivers were this trouble free.

If there is a problem found, we need to replicate and report. The only way stuff gets addressed and a better mousetrap is built!

I agree with Brian.

Dee, you are SMART as a WHIP!, but you don't seem to recognize that in you. You find the problems and report them when we hear little from others. I think you should keep doing what you do, AND post about it, but just keep working on toning down the drama a bit. You've got to stop beating yourself up all the time, as you are a very good tech, and getting better all the time regardless of whether you think so or not. You just don't have any local tech peers to hang out with to judge yourself against.

I've trained quite a few field techs over the years, and I'll take willingness to learn, and sticking to it against the odds in a person over everything else that people do.

No, that’s not a good idea. I’ll just leave things be and continue as a silent lurker.

I see the thing about the update, I’m going to try that now. We shall soon see. I hope..

AFTER I MAKE A FULL BACKUP !!

upgraded to the new rom. First attempt to record MeTV.
I hit record and it begins recording. I let it run for about 5 minutes then I press record again, it brings up the menu where you can stop the recording and BOOM.
Total lock up. The audio is stuck going NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA endlessly and the A3 is totally unresponsive.
I can’t even power it down with the front panel button. I had to pull the power cord.

After rebooting I go to play back the segment I recorded and it is still completely messed up in exactly the same way that it was before.
Still pixelating, random rewinds, audio badly out of sync. So bottom line, not fixed at all and perhaps worse than before because of the crash/lockup requiring me to pull the power cord.

I made a video recording of what it’s doing that I’ll post to youtube in a few minutes.
After a second attempt (following the power down/up) it allowed me to stop the recording without crashing but the recording is still screwy as Daffy Duck.

I loaded the 38D ROM when it was released and made a test recording of MeTV. With previous ROMs I got the recording problem within 15 to 20 seconds. At first I thought the problem had been fixed but about 3 minutes into the recording I got the glitch, not as severe but still there. I reported the results back to T134 and told him I would send more Transponder recordings if needed.

In ROM 38D the Red LED on the front panel turns on when the A3 is recording, in addition to displaying the the time.

Ernie

Dee_Ann,

There was a thread started at FridgeFTA for feedback and problem reports on ROM 38D. That's where T134 is looking for feedback. It would be better if you posted the problems there but if you don't feel comfortable posting over at FridgeFTA I can copy/paste your message there. Just let me know. I haven't had a lockup of the A3 in quite some time.

Ernie

Yeah, Ye Olde Hunting Lodge is probably much better off without silly girls poking about the clubhouse.

I’ve uploaded a video sample to youtube right now to show how it plays back.

Ok, having to play tricks on youtube to sneak this video through. Reposting again in a bit.

I didn’t notice a recording light but then again the tuner is several feet above my desk and out of my line of sight.
I’ll try to pay attention to see if it does that on mine.

Also to clarify, I did indeed install the latest developer rom, ROM38D/2.0.60, as listed here, http://www.amiko-a3.us/?p=122

Flippin youtube keeps blocking the video samples I try to upload of MeTV messing up. I officially DESPISE YOUTUBE !!

This will be another try at posting a video, I flipped the video so it’s a mirror image, hopefully it can’t make a match like that unless it goes by the audio track.

It says it won’t be available for another 1/2 hour though, IF AT ALL...

It told me that there was a “media match” in the content. I wish there was an alternative to youtube. They make it IMPOSSIBLE for people to do what I am trying to do, display a technical problem not RIP OFF THEIR PRECIOUS CR*P MOVIE FROM FIFTY BLOODY YEARS AGO !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)