AB Switch on TV2 Output

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fchall

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 8, 2006
Pac.NW-Near Mount Olympus
I have a DVR 625 in the living room on its own feed from the DPP44 using the separator. The 625 is almost always in single mode.
I have a 301 in the bedroom on its own feed from the DPP44.

On those very rare occasions when I may want to watch a movie recorded on the 625 on the TV in the bedroom, Could I;

Install an AB switch so that I can feed the TV in the bedroom from either the DPP44 feed or the Modulated( coax ) coax ouput from TV2 on the 625.

But I only have one coax going to the 301 in the bedroom so what would happen if I feed the modulated TV2 out from the 625 to the input to the 301?

Maybe I'd better rethink this but feel free to comment while I do.
Thanks

Ok I think I have an answer. Comments appreciated.
Use two Diplexors.
Input to first Diplexor; Sat Input - RG6 from DPP44. U/V Ant Input - RG6 from TV2 of 625. In/Out through wall to In/Out of the scond Diplexor.

Output from second Diplexor; Sat Input to 301( connected by S-Video to TV). U/V Ant input to RF Connector on TV.

I can switch which input I'm veiwing on the TV.

Now on those rare occasions; I can switch the 625 to Dual Mode, set the bedroom TV to view the RF input and watch recordings from the 625.

OR use the second remote and completely control the 625 from the bedroom.

So what say you all about this. Good, Bad, Indifferent?
Thanks.

Well I got it all hooked up.
BUT; When I hook up the TV2 RF coming out of the Diplexor to the RF input of the TV, then the SAT signal to the 301 gets interupted and I just get a buzzing sound using that input.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Sounds like a sick TV to me or a bad ground / ground loop.

What happens if you use the RF output of the 301 to feed the TV?

Have you tried taking the feed from the diplexer to the antenna input of the 301?
Then when you turn the 301 off, the TV2 signal from the other room will pass through.

The DPP44 is powered by the power inserter on port 1 which feeds a 301 upstairs.
Port 2 feeds the 625 downstairs.
Port 3 feeds the 301 downstairs.
I'm working with Ports 2 and 3 going downstairs.

I did some testing as I installed all this.
And I tried all this testing with and without the Attenuator connected to the modulated output from the 625. Made no difference.

I tested each Diplexor individually with only one signal.
1. Port 3 output to SAT input, IN/OUT to 301 to TV( via S-video )
2. 625 Modulated output( various channels air and cable ) to U/V ANT input, IN/OUT to TV RF input.
That all worked fine.

Then I tested both Diplexors together with only one signal.
1. Port 3 output to SAT of first Diplexor, IN/OUT to IN/OUT of second Diplexor, SAT of second Diplexor to 301 to TV( Via S-Video ).
2. 625 Modulated output( various channels air and cable ) to U/V ANT of first Diplexor, IN/OUT to IN/OUT of second Diplexor, U/V ANT of second Diplexor to TV RF input.
That all worked fine.

Then I tested both Diplexors together with two signals in and one signal out.
1. Port 3 output to SAT of first Diplexor, 625 Modulated output( various channels air and cable ) to U/V ANT of first Diplexor, IN/OUT to IN/OUT of second Diplexor, SAT of second Diplexor to 301 to TV( Via S-Video ).
2. Port 3 output to SAT of first Diplexor, 625 Modulated output( various channels air and cable ) to U/V ANT of first Diplexor, IN/OUT to IN/OUT of second Diplexor, U/V ANT of second Diplexor to RF input of TV.
That all worked fine.

So I hooked it all up with two signals into the first Diplexor and two signals out of the second Diplexor.
The U/V ANT output from the second Diplexor to the RF input of the TV works fine.
The SAT output from the second Diplexor to the 301 will not work unless I unhook the RF input to the TV. It is stuck trying to find a satelite signal and makes a BZT, BZT, BZT sound.

I even tried sending the U/V ANT output from the second Diplexor to the TV Antenna/Cable input of the 301 and then the TV Set out of the 301 to the TV RF Input. Got a really bad snowy picture and the SAT input to the 301 was stuck trying to find a satelite signal but I didn't get the BZT sound.

I'm lost.
My next try, when I get a long enough cable, will be a coax direct from the 625 Modulated output to the TV RF input. It's just on the other side of the wall thru a doorway so I can test it before drilling a hole in the wall.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.
Sorry to drag on so long but I'm trying to cover all bases and give as much information as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts