ABC 3-day wait on AutoHop?

bellevuecoug

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Earth
With the digital rights now active, I'm wondering if anyone has found you have to wait 3 days for skipping ads on ABC PTAT.

Anyone seen this yet?

Maybe it takes the new firmware to make it so.
No new software is required - Dish uploads a small file each night that the receiver matches up to the PTAT shows and then "tells" it when to skip ahead. Currently, the file contains data on last night's ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC shows. In the future, it will contain data for last night's CBS, FOX, and NBC shows and data for ABC shows from (3) days earlier.

When you don't have auto hop the next day, that's when in happens.

Given that they are a month away from the end of the TV season, I bet they are waiting until the fall premiers to go 3 days.

Given that they are a month away from the end of the TV season, I bet they are waiting until the fall premiers to go 3 days.
No, better to get it over and done with, get people used to it (and the bitching and moaning out of the way) before fall premiers.

I thought the deal was with ABC stations that the ABC network actually owned, not the station affiliates that the network doesn't own? IF that is the case, the people effected by the 3 day wait would be in a select few markets across the country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts