ABC Family On Demand Options?

paragon

Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
We are considering dropping our DIRECTV and going just with streaming services, but one channel that our family is using that haven't quite figured out is ABC Family. It doesn't look like Sling offers WATCH ABC Family (and even if they did, it doesn't look any of Roku, Apple TV or Amazon Fire TV have the WATCH ABC Family app), so I am wondering if anybody can tell me how complete Sling's ABC Family on demand offerings are (i.e. how quickly are new episodes posted and how long are they available for)? Thanks in advance if anybody can provide any info.

Apple TV has Watch ABC and ESPN. Downside is unlike CBS there's no monthly subscription option to get instant access to new shows. NBC app is the based as it keeps the whole season Of shows in there while CBS and ABC don't.

You could use the Watch ABC Family app and cast it to you Apple TV. Often I usually cast my shows from my iPad.

Apple TV has Watch ABC and ESPN. Downside is unlike CBS there's no monthly subscription option to get instant access to new shows. NBC app is the based as it keeps the whole season Of shows in there while CBS and ABC don't.

You could use the Watch ABC Family app and cast it to you Apple TV. Often I usually cast my shows from my iPad.

Does Sling TV provide access to Watch ABC Family? It looked to me like it doesn't. If it does then using AirPlay would probably work for us, even if it isn't ideal.

I don't have Sling just Apple TV and Chrome Cast. I usually AirPlay stuff to my TV because it on one of my iPads and iPhones

But you can't watch new episodes on the Watch ABC Family app without a cable subscription so I'm trying to figure out how good the on demand options are for the channel on Sling. If Sling allowed access to the Watch app then AirPlay would work but it doesn't as far as I can tell.

Like I mentioned most require a subscription, which comes via Sat or TV subscriptions. CBS has a stand alone. Are any of the shows on Hulu?

Recent episodes on Hulu require authentication. I've seen articles which indicate that Sling has ABC Family on demand, but no details on how complete it is, hence why I posted on a Sling forum to see if anybody could provide some more info. Thanks for trying to help.

Best I remember the new episodes of at least some shows did show up a day or so after air.

I only checked one though as that was all the wife watched on that channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)