ABC HD on Galaxy 16 issues?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Crocodile Locke

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
Northwest Pennsylvania
Anyone else having audio/video issues on this channel? I was watching V tonight and toward the end of the episode the video went back and forth from HD to SD and then stayed SD and then sound dropped out and the video developed a slight skip that repeated every few seconds. I hope it's on my end of things, but my setup seems to be working fine other than that.

which abc feed where u watching.. There are like 20 feeds (regular s, s2, 4:2:2, wpru)?

4140 V 30000 S2 is fine for me.

WPRU ABC HD - 3846 H 15030.

you probably need to watch the ABC distro feed. When a feed goes from HD to SD adn back to HD locally, it's because my local station is going to SD to do an on-screen weather warning or top of hour ID or something that they can't generate over HD video.

I wonder if WPRU was doing that, with the info inserted somewhere downstream of the sat feed but the HD/SD change needed to change to accomodate the insertion.

you probably need to watch the ABC distro feed. When a feed goes from HD to SD adn back to HD locally, it's because my local station is going to SD to do an on-screen weather warning or top of hour ID or something that they can't generate over HD video.

I wonder if WPRU was doing that, with the info inserted somewhere downstream of the sat feed but the HD/SD change needed to change to accomodate the insertion.

I still need to upgrade my lnbf to a voltage switched model so I can get the vertical feeds. :rolleyes: Everything looks fine now, but it was still acting up the next morning when I checked it (Wednesday). I didn't notice any info insertion when it occurred and after going back and forth a couple times between HD and SD it stayed on SD for a show that I know is HD and had no sound at all. Hopefully the weirdness stays gone now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts