ABC News Now on IA8 @ 89W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satcustomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 19, 2006
California
My motorized system is tracking well, but for some reason this channel, even though it has decent signal quality of almost 50%, does not come in crystal clear (keeps popping in and out with pixelization). This normal?

this has been an issue in the past when they were on IA6 and now that they are on IA8 it still has issues :(

Channel comes in ok for me, it must be a location issue. I'm over at 26.2 North 80.1 West. Maybe because I'm so close to 89? Since my longitude is 80.

By the way Ice, when the news feeds turn off, the transponder apparently shows as "dead" and will NOT come up in a blindscan if there is no feed. Is this normal? I assume I'll have to blindscan randomly to pick up those random feeds.

Saw a hot Asian news reporter talking about a warehouse fire within one of those feeds....she was cute. :)

That is normal... Once you get the channel in the receiver, leave it in memory and don't erase it. As long as the receiver has the tp/sr info tied to a channel there, once it comes out of being in the black it'll light up again with whatever they are transmitting.

Are we talking about ABCNewsNow or ABCNews Channel?

There are 2 different channels there

The ABC News channel normally has a slate that says “you’re watching the ABCNews Channel" and has a running clock on the bottom and has the TP info on the screen. That is up 24/7 (at least that I’ve seen)

ABCNewsNow is the one that has had some pixelating and use to be a sub channel on some ABC stations.

WHen I first scanned it in a while back it came in with good video and spotty audio but a recent rescan last week seemed to do the trick and now both are good. I didn't look at the numbers associated with the channel so I don;t know what changed but you might try it.

:hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)