? about adding Sat-c 110 LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CharlieS

Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
I have an elliptical dish for my direct tv receivers. I have two LNB's at 119 and 101 degrees. I have two cables going to my TIVO in one room and I have two cables going to another room ( I wanted the option one day of adding TIVO to the other room.) I just bought an HDTV Direct TV receiver. I see that TERK has a Upgrade kit for SAT-C for 110 degrees LNB so I can get HDTV signal to my receiver. The question I Have it looks like you combine SAT-B with the SAT-C with a splitter. Will this affect my other BOX without HDTV. and if eventually I Upgrade the other BOx do I have to I get Sat-C to my other room.( Another splitter?) please help

Welcome to Satelliteguys!!

You hook up the Sat-C kit to your dish in the middle of your two existing LNBs. You then run the supplied cable from the 110 LNB (Sat-C) into the Sat B/C combiner along with Sat B. Then you will need to hook your LNBs up to a multiswitch. A multiswitch basically connects all the ports on your LNBs on one side and lets you have up to 4, 5, or 8 receivers, depending on which switch you get.

This should help you:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Mikel.Magnusson/Home Theatre/Sat C LNB (101W).htm

Call D* and they will send you Sat-C kit for free, you just have to pay around $9 shipping.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts