About antenna

Jillian2

Jillian2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
USA
My LG Smartv is connected to my WiFi. Am I still using data while watching form an outdoor antenna?

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Only a very tiny bit when the TV reports back your viewing habits.

Reactions: KE4EST
Jillian2

Jillian2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
USA
Thank you. On my LG Smart TV, the input for Antenna says Live TV. I thought it would say Antenna.

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
That would make too much sense.

Reactions: FTA4PA and Jillian2
Jillian2

Jillian2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
USA
That would make too much sense.
Just called Hargray the cable/internet provider and he told me as long as I was watching from tha OVER THE AIR ANTENNA., that I was not using data. Only while streaming am I using data. This was my purpose in getting the antenn so as not to be using data so much, even though It’s unlimited.

Reactions: primestar31
primestar31

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Just called Hargray the cable/internet provider and he told me as long as I was watching from tha OVER THE AIR ANTENNA., that I was not using data. Only while streaming am I using data. This was my purpose in getting the antenn so as not to be using data so much, even though It’s unlimited.
Just make SURE that IF you do watch an app at some time, you need to EXIT the app back to the home screen, before shutting off the tv set, or switching to "Live Tv". If not, some tv's are capable of continuing to use data for that app.

Reactions: Jillian2
Jillian2

Jillian2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
USA
Just make SURE that IF you do watch an app at some time, you need to EXIT the app back to the home screen, before shutting off the tv set, or switching to "Live Tv". If not, some tv's are capable of continuing to use data for that app.
I use it like I did with DTV. I left my WIFI connected so when I want to stream I don’t have to connect to the internet.
Thank you. Yes , I do exit the app back to the Home Screen. Then I hit input button on my tv remote and choose the antenna which is labeled LIVETV

Reactions: Wescopc and primestar31