About antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jillian2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
USA
My LG Smartv is connected to my WiFi. Am I still using data while watching form an outdoor antenna?

Thank you. On my LG Smart TV, the input for Antenna says Live TV. I thought it would say Antenna.

That would make too much sense.
Just called Hargray the cable/internet provider and he told me as long as I was watching from tha OVER THE AIR ANTENNA., that I was not using data. Only while streaming am I using data. This was my purpose in getting the antenn so as not to be using data so much, even though It’s unlimited.

Reactions: primestar31
Just called Hargray the cable/internet provider and he told me as long as I was watching from tha OVER THE AIR ANTENNA., that I was not using data. Only while streaming am I using data. This was my purpose in getting the antenn so as not to be using data so much, even though It’s unlimited.
Just make SURE that IF you do watch an app at some time, you need to EXIT the app back to the home screen, before shutting off the tv set, or switching to "Live Tv". If not, some tv's are capable of continuing to use data for that app.

Reactions: Jillian2
Just make SURE that IF you do watch an app at some time, you need to EXIT the app back to the home screen, before shutting off the tv set, or switching to "Live Tv". If not, some tv's are capable of continuing to use data for that app.
I use it like I did with DTV. I left my WIFI connected so when I want to stream I don’t have to connect to the internet.
Thank you. Yes , I do exit the app back to the Home Screen. Then I hit input button on my tv remote and choose the antenna which is labeled LIVETV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts