about DISH 322

hragsarkissian

Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Hi, im a newbie here.
I recently purchased a used Dish 322 from ebay. I would like to get a dish network subscription but only for two month to try it out. Can i call dish network and tell them i already have the receiver and all i need is the subscription (smart card)? Will they give me a short term subscription? Can i actually use the receiver i purchased or will i have to ask for a new one and subscribe for a year?

Hi, welcome to sat guys!

If you own a receiver you can join and cancel anytime you want. There's no commitments. The 322 already has everything you need to have a subscription.

Yeah, if you sign up for a Digital Home Advantage with no commitment, you could try it out and cancel at any time.

But if your leaning toward not keeping it, don't get too crazy with drilling holes for the cables. ;)

thx a lot for your quick reply guys. I really appreciate it. So basically i can just call dish net and tell them i have a Dish 322 (used) and a satellite dish all installed and all i need is a subscription? Shall i buy a smartcard on ebay or would it be better for them to provide me with one?

Well you keep saying your 322 is used. You might run into a problem if the 322 you bought has a leased receiver that wasn't returned. Fair warning....

oh i see sorry about that. I guess ill be calling dish tomorrow. Thanks a lot for your support i truly appreciate it

They built the slot into the receiver in case someone cracks the internal card and they need to issue a replacement.

I would imagine that the 322 is going to have the same rules as 522. A purchased one that has already been activated to a previous customer's account is most likely a leased box belonging to Echostar, they won't activate it. And since the 322 is "lease only" the normal CSR's won't be able to do anything anyway, you'll have to contact ceo@echostar.net for that.

Do a search here for "522 activation" and do some more research...

Why not just sign up under DHA? You only pay $50 upfront and get $50 off of your first bill. You could even get the 522 that has DVR functionalities. If you decided to keep the service then you could not go back later and add a 522 for no additional money so that is why you may want to consider getting it when you first sign up for service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)