About Satmex 5 & 6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

magnigyro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
My Q readings are low for both Satmex, not greater than 50%, (signal strength: 77). I don´t know if I must check the correct shape of dish, thats levels are normal?

Someone has used that birds? Which one has more feeds?

Actually each lnb is installed in own dish, I could not put the two together... will be possible in practice?

Thank you..!

KU or C-Band?

If KU Satmex5 I cant comment on. Here in the Northern States the signal is really bad...barely there

KU or C-Band?

If KU Satmex5 I cant comment on. Here in the Northern States the signal is really bad...barely there

KU... mmm, the beam ku2 covers almost all americas...

may be my readings here are ok.;)

My Q readings are low for both Satmex, not greater than 50%, (signal strength: 77). I don´t know if I must check the correct shape of dish, thats levels are normal?

Someone has used that birds? Which one has more feeds?

Actually each lnb is installed in own dish, I could not put the two together... will be possible in practice?

Thank you..!
That depend which receiver you has, but normally if you adjust the LNBF skew, it could pick up the quality reading.

KU... mmm, the beam ku2 covers almost all americas...

may be my readings here are ok.;)

but see the northern states. I'm in Minnesota and it says I should use a 90-120cm dish or greater

sm5_ku2.gif

schlever
the footprint for Satmex6 seems to cut off near the 48th parallel

What's weird is the C-Band footprint for both is great. Can get almost everything on the 6 footer

I can get a stable but weak signal from Satmex5. I'm in San Diego so it's my due south bird. I have a Fortec Mercury II and I'm wrestling with my first motorized dish install. But the signals are about half of the quality of the other FTA birds. I see in the map that I'm in a sweet spot too. Whew!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts